Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hello !

I want to play some tracks with my Echo Dot 5 (Alexa) by bluetooth and it doesn't work.
I have add some changes on my H_C.

If I switch off "Switch Default Deny" and the problem occur, it is not H_C ?

View attachment 282425

View attachment 282426

You should also remove the block list used in FirewallHardening and apply ConfigureDefender default settings (if you use Microsoft Defender). If after Windows restart the issue is still present, then it is caused by something else. Did you check the H_C log for blocked events?

sypqys

Level 3
Apr 18, 2022
You should also remove the block list used in FirewallHardening and apply ConfigureDefender default settings (if you use Microsoft Defender). If after Windows restart the issue is still present, then it is caused by something else. Did you check the H_C log for blocked events?
I have done that, it is something else...
Thanks

Reactions: Andy Ful

sypqys

Level 3
Apr 18, 2022
ShareX_A9x0q4Z3dY.png

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Switch default deny tool doesn't seem to properly close for me in some cases and then eats cpu cycles like crazy. Not sure what causes it as it doesn't happen often.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Switch default deny tool doesn't seem to properly close for me in some cases and then eats cpu cycles like crazy. Not sure what causes it as it doesn't happen often.

Is it related to some actions done before closing SwitchDefaultDeny?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Is it related to some actions done before closing SwitchDefaultDeny?
Honestly, I couldn't tell you and ignored it for a while now as it happens so infrequently. Today I said you lose nothing by mentioning it so here we are.

Ok I think you pushed me to figure it out. If you have adhd like me when you click the button to enable protection again you spam the close button the millisecond it happens. If you click fast enough and enough times it doesn't close. Did it twice just now but maybe it's random. Not sure.

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Do I need to add the reg tweak? because I don't see it in regedit?
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Srp\Gp]
"RuleCount"=dword:00000000

What entries do you see under that key?

Reactions: oldschool

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Andy Ful I tried a disallowed SRP setup and whitelisted C:/ProgramFiles and C:/ProgramFiles (86) plus some browsers and a few other programs, the latter whitelisted via hash, and nothing would execute. SRP whitelisting via GPO seems broken to me.

I'll stay with my simple security setup of Defender and SAC. Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
@Andy Ful I tried a disallowed SRP setup and whitelisted C:/ProgramFiles and C:/ProgramFiles (86) plus some browsers and a few other programs, the latter whitelisted via hash, and nothing would execute. SRP whitelisting via GPO seems broken to me.

I'll stay with my simple security setup of Defender and SAC. Thanks again for the help.
Making SRP default-deny restrictions via GPO is not easy. Most setups are kinda unusable. It is much easier and safer when using H_C. (y)

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.