From Hard_Configurator Tools
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Sorry I didn't meant it was complicated. If I take your new GUI idea for example: The left side got no "yellow" spaces instead it is a "grey block". The right side has some small "yellow" space between each grey button which I find a lot better to read. It separates each option more clearly.
So for me sometimes me eyes slip down and instead of from 1>1 I read 1>2 (meaning I dropped a line while reading). Like it would be easier to read on squared paper than on paper without squares.
View attachment 214446
Anyway I like the new Gui. Hope the picture helps to understand what I mean.
Understood. (y) :giggle:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
In those programs there is no lists, so no scrollbars for me. They are looking good/great.
Same here. I set a custom size of 110%. H_C looks like Gandalf's, but the other tools look fine.
Screenshot:
Annotation 2019-06-03 213437.png

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Understood. (y) :giggle:
Thanks. I really like your software and just try to give constructive feedback. If it ever sounds strange it's my English sadly. For me it's just about giving feedback back. Like I said before his software his unicorns (If he want's some :D)

Depending of what choosen I get scrollbars or not. Just found out :DUntitled2 - Copy.png

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Thanks. I really like your software and just try to give constructive feedback. If it ever sounds strange it's my English sadly. For me it's just about giving feedback back. Like I said before his software his unicorns (If he want's some :D)

Depending of what choosen I get scrollbars or not. Just found out :DView attachment 214497
Finally I have managed to spoil my rescalling. :giggle:

I have ticked the option like you, but in my case, the 'Application' setting spoiled the scaling. Everything is OK with 'System' or System (Enhanced).(y)
Normally I have this option unticked.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
You can configure CF with CS settings (several additional tweaks are required) in a way that allows skipping H_C or VS. But, this can produce some incompatibilities with Windows Updates/Upgrades, especially on Windows 10. The problem is that CF can block/restrict both processes with medium and high integrity levels (standard and admin rights). But, H_C is set to block only processes with medium integrity level (standard rights). So, H_C can block safely much more processes without a visible impact on the system. This is optimal in the home environment, because all new processes (also the malware) can be started by the user only with standard rights (things are different in Enterprises). If the unsafe processes are properly restricted, then the malware cannot bypass UAC and elevate even on Admin account.

Anyway, you can safely uninstall H_C because it uses Windows policies which are not changed by CF settings. Both H_C and CF can coexist together, but in my opinion, such setup will be too complex for most users, because many security features are doubled.
Furthermore, on Windows 10, some H_C executables have to be specially configured in CF to apply forced SmartScreen.

thank you :)

paulderdash

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It sounds too complex a setup. I would choose either CFW or H_C, and it would be the latter for myself because it is fully compatible with Windows and is pretty user friendly whereas CFW can have issues. I've been here on the forum just long enough to learn to keep things simple.

Stay safe, not paranoid. :)(y)
And support for H_C is unsurpassed!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Finally I have managed to spoil my rescalling. :giggle:
View attachment 214513

I have ticked the option like you, but in my case, the 'Application' setting spoiled the scaling. Everything is OK with 'System' or System (Enhanced).(y)
Normally I have this option unticked.
Where is that option?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Depending of what choosen I get scrollbars or not. Just found out :DView attachment 214497
Doesn't work for me. I keep getting scrollbars. What am i doing wrong?

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Where is that option?
Right click on H_C shortcut > Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings
There is a setting 'Override high DPI scaling behavior". If this setting is ticked and 'Application' is chosen, then on my computer the GUI is spoiled.
If you have 'Override high DPI scaling behavior' unticked and the GUI is spoiled anyway, then this is probably some kind of incompatibility.

Andy Ful

Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
I prepared a simple Help for Firewall Hardening tool. If someone would like to add/change something, then let me know, please.

Firewall Hardening tool can apply and manage Outbound Block Rules in Windows Firewall by using Windows policies. The restart of Windows is required to apply the configuration changes.
The paths of blocked executables are displayed as a list. Each entry can be managed by using the buttons located on the bottom of the application GUI.
<Add Rule> button allows adding the rule for any executable.
<Deactivate Rule> button makes the highlighted rules inactive, but does not remove rules.
<Block Rule> button changes highlighted inactive rules to blocked.
<Remove Rule> button removes highlighted rules from the list (and Windows Firewall settings).

The user can add/remove some predefined rules by using the options visible on the right of application GUI.
<LOLBins> button allows adding the rules for many executables from system folders, which are known to be commonly abused by malc0ders.
<MS Office> button allows adding rules for MS Office executables (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Equation Editor).
<Adobe Acrobat Reader> button allows adding rules for Adobe Acrobat Reader application.
<Recommended H_C> button allows adding some rules suited for users who applied Hard_Configurator Recommended settings.

The applied rules may be also viewed when using Windows Firewall Advanced settings, but can be managed only by Firewall Hardening tool, or by editing the Registry under the key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\FirewallRules.

The user can enable auditing Windows Firewall with Advanced Security in category "Object Access" and subcategory "Audit Filtering Platform Packet Drop". This can be done by choosing the radio button 'ON', under "Start logging events".
If auditing is enabled, then the blocked events can be filtered from Windows Event Log by 5152 Event Id. This can be done when pressing <Blocked Events> button, visible under the OFF/ON radio buttons. The Event Log file can store the entries from several hours (usually 12 hours).

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.