How many GB's of data writes on your SSD per day?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Screenshot (11).png

Reactions: Nevi

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
oh god.
I just updated Emsisoft emergency kit (13-14-day old). Immediately, it wrote 1.3GB to my SSD :eek:😭. Measured using process explorer
that's too much writing, I believe
perhaps, BD's signatures are the culprit

I used to update other AVs like avast, Kaspersky or wisevector from scratch. None of them were more than 1GB. WV has the smallest write number I have seen. Avast writes more than Kaspersky

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
oh god.
I just updated Emsisoft emergency kit (13-14-day old). Immediately, it wrote 1.3GB to my SSD :eek:😭. Measured using process explorer
that's too much writing, I believe
The primary SSD in my laptop (a Samsung EVO 840) has had 11.86TB of writes in 286 days, which is about 41GB of writes a day. According to HD Sentinel, the health is at 92%.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
2047 MB in 1 hour?
I still don't get how Hard Disk Sentinel operates and how to find how much data is written per hour. I would be glad if you guide me and I will provide the screenshots. Anyway, the number increased significantly after some hours.

ItsReallyMe

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2017
I still don't get how Hard Disk Sentinel operates and how to find how much data is written per hour. I would be glad if you guide me and I will provide the screenshots. Anyway, the number increased significantly after some hours.
just report the total data write from the hard disk sentinel and the time you used the pc from task manager cpu tab (if you hibernate or sleep, task manager still shows the time from when you first started the pc)

From your crystal disk info screenshot, your pc written 7.19 GB per hour

I didn't even think about it , now I will look at my characteristics
did you checked it?

Attachments

• malw.jpg
    malw.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 307

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.