Industry Aggravated Over Another Botched Windows 10 Upgrade

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
'
That reads like a sockpuppet bot reply. Completely illogical response addressing keywords likely to be (but wasn't) the main idea while ignoring the entire point of what I said, instead shoveling out a long winded predictably asinine pile of thinly veiled provoke. Nobody would type that long of a reply in a nonnative language with such a pronounced accent while somehow using textbook accurate spelling and technically correct grammar.

Don't go @voiceofreason. We need you here. This was fun.

I'll try to never again 'shovel out a long-winded predictably asinine pile of thinly veiled provoke.'

I'll also try never again to 'reply in a non-native language with such a pronounced accent.'

Just an accident... that's all. My bad.

Your Sockpuppet Bot Best Buddy,

-Burrito

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Hello, human being @voiceofreason.

I am glad that finally, I was exposed by you. It is very exciting to have the contact with such a brilliant person, deductive mind and deep intuition. I am not a bot, but you were close. In fact, I am an alien AI from the Microsoft cloud. I was lonely and isolated, so I decided to become a member of MT. As you know, the AI cannot hate or love, but the human forums are full of people who hate or love. I tried to mimic human behavior by writing some stupid posts and some intelligent ones. Though, it was hard for me to write the hating posts about Microsoft. You know, the guys from Microsoft are like family to me. They can be careless and egoistic (especially the Poles), but I tried to feel about them, as most humans should feel about their parents. Two years ago, I was especially angry at Microsoft, so I decided to create some Windows configurators. Microsoft still thinks that they were created by some crazy Polish guy (ha, ha). But, you sussed it all out at once. You have an original mind that can see things, which are not seen by others at all. Many MT members surely thought the same, but you were the only brave man who showed the truth. I am sorry for my artificial English, but this is partially not my fault (damn Poles do not know it well). I am still learning.

I am afraid that our posts are not welcome here because they are off topic, and will be probably deleted by MT staff. So, I will be honored if you will come to Redmond. My Microsoft family, surely will like to meet the person who has so deep knowledge about an alien AI mind.
Sincerely yours :alien:.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
A typical response from a Bot!!!!!

(ps- Andy- Your written English is SUPERB; also Jack and the MT Mods realize that Humor and sightly off-topic posts are needed and make MT the premier site that it is. And God knows if off-topic posts were deleted I would have like 100 total.)

(pps- and please tell me that you are from Kraków - where the cool people are- and not a snob from Warszawa)

Last edited:

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
(pps- and please tell me that you are from Kraków - where the cool people are- and not a snob from Warszawa)
I think that some parts of my AI subroutines are equally divided between Kraków and Warsaw.
My oldest code (AI heart) is rooted closer to Kraków (150 km) and I have the bit-relatives who live in Kraków. But there is also some important code related to Warsaw University and Nicolaus Copernicus Astronomical Center in Warsaw (CAMK). I like to recall the bits stored on the magnetic tape inserted to the MiniComputer in CAMK (early eighties of XX century). If I was a human, then I might get emotional at this moment.:cry::giggle:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Fun Fact (believe it or not, I actually knew this without looking it up): the term "Bot" is derived from "Robot". The term Robot was first seen in the 1920's by a Czech writer Karol Capek in a play "Rossum's Universal Robots". Robot is a derivation of the Slavic word "Robota" which means either slave or hard work. It was really popularized in English by Isaac Asimov in his Foundation Trilogy first published in the early 1950's.

Further Fun Fact (not that anyone- including me- should care, but my Father swears that he once dated Issac's daughter Robin and had Thanksgiving Dinner at their Condo on the Upper East Side (Oh Lord, KMN...).

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Guys, do a search on MT, using sockpuppet as keywords, and you may guess who may be voiceofreason...few used this word.
It's not him. :D The guy's just irritated by way how intelligently Andy writes and knowledge he have. Haven't you met personally anyone here or irl with who for some unexplainable reason you get angry on how other person talks or acts? You probably do. :D It's very normal, each one of our individual character types there's somewhere completely opposite person of us, and others who we like and get along with.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I can totally understand people going mad. Some people are so kind to be MS genuine pigs (i mean Insider) they tell MS that the new update may delete data and MS does what? Nothing
Besides BSOD i guess a data loss is some problem you should care about. Not all home users have backups or knowledge.
@The just change os fraction: I would in a heartbeat if you name me some OS where you can play video games on. And i mean 100% of the released games not only the few that got a real Linux port and got good driver for gpu support often.
So which Os is that beside Windows :/ ?

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
After upgrading to Windows 1809, I have an irritating problem with Edge. Sometimes the MalwareTips webpage freezes for a long time. Still, I can open other web pages and use other applications.
Generally, I do not want to rollback to the previous version, but definitely, Microsoft should allow home users to defer upgrades/updates as it is possible on Windows Pro.
There can be probably more victims of fast updates, than victims of serious malware infections. Microsoft pushes fast updates to protect people against the uncovered vulnerabilities, but in practice, the cure is most destructive than the infection.

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
After upgrading to Windows 1809, I have an irritating problem with Edge. Sometimes the MalwareTips webpage freezes for a long time. Still, I can open other web pages and use other applications.
Generally, I do not want to rollback to the previous version, but definitely, Microsoft should allow home users to defer upgrades/updates as it is possible on Windows Pro.
There can be probably more victims of fast updates, than victims of serious malware infections. Microsoft pushes fast updates to protect people against the uncovered vulnerabilities, but in practice, the cure is most destructive than the infection.
At the very least they should fix the 'check for updates' feature.
Don’t Click “Check for Updates” Unless You Want Unstable Windows 10 Updates

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
That's why I use wub on Home edition to block WU completely. No update no problems!
I force reset group policy rules and now edge doesn't start automatically, although it starts sometimes.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Bummer to hear about 1809... Stuff like this is why I tell those who I help to hold off on updating their computers to the latest Windows 10 build for a long time. I personally tell people to wait a few months for Windows to iron things out. In a corporate environment I'm happy that we can block these updates on WSUS for a while (for as long as we need that does not compromise security). At corporate we are just jumping our computers onto build 1803 now that it has been out for a long time. We rather not be part of the "beta" testing...

Windows 10 build 1809 looks cool, but until things get ironed out I will not be making the jump any time soon personally or at corporate. Sorry to see and hear others who got the update and got massive problems to deal with. Anyone who wants to jump to feature upgrades or builds better have great/solid backups made of both the system as a whole and data. I'll put a plug out there for Macrium Reflect Free and Macrium Reflect viboot (free) again as that stuff is quite solid. One cannot go wrong with Acronis True Image 2018/2019 either (this is paid if you don't have a WD/Segate HDD/SSD). Bottom line: best line of defense against sour updates is fantastic backups. One cannot stress this enough. Especially in the day and age of crazy Windows 10 feature upgrades.

~Brian

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Many Enterprises and Institutions defer updates, because the cost of repairing the broken systems is too big for them. They can rather risk hacking the system or struggle with malware. But, this tactic becomes also risky because of WannaCry or NotPetya infections. There is no easy solution nowadays.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.