IObit Malware Fighter 3 Pro (PCMag Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
PCMag Review: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2477847,00.asp
IObit Malware Fighter 3 PRO - Editor's rating: 0.5 / 5 (Dismal)

Pros
Attractive user interface.​

Cons
Not tested by independent labs. Incredibly terrible score in our hands-on malware-blocking test. Zero-percent protection in malicious-URL-blocking test.​

Bottom Line
Every other antivirus product we've tested is a better choice than IObit Malware Fighter 3 Pro. Don't even think about purchasing this turkey.​

Test Results: Absolutely the Worst
None of the independent testing labs include IObit in their evaluations, so I have to rely solely on my hands-on tests. The two IObit products are the first that I've reviewed since updating my malware collection, so their results can't necessarily be compared directly with those of other products. However, Malware Fighter's performance was so bad that the difference really doesn't matter.

With some antivirus products, on-access scanning kicks in as soon as Windows Explorer displays a file's information. With others, a click is enough to trigger that scan. Others require a serious attempt at file access. For example, copying a file to a new location is what triggers a scan by the real-time component of Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus.

Malware Fighter doesn't do a single thing until the program actually starts to launch, and even then, it missed most of my sample malware. It even allowed a ransomware program to completely take over the test system.​

Forget This Product
As attractive as its user interface may be, IObit Malware Fighter 3 Pro is without a doubt the worst anti-malware solution I've seen. I really don't understand why the company continues to offer it, not when they have another similar product that actually works.
IObit Homepage: http://www.iobit.com/malware-fighter-pro.php

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It does have an attractive GUI other than that it provides nothing. I wouldnt even read a review however this review was entertaining.Hopefully this will open some eyes and prevent some from relying on this software as protection.

Reactions: scot

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
Their interface is not even unique anyway, to me it seems like a Bitdefender interface clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.