Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Article ID: 119653, Last review: Dec 5, 2019 ? this not 2021 ?
Okay, found a changelog but only for Kaspersky Security Cloud:
Article ID: 119653, Last review: Jun 15, 2020

A change not in these release notes is that under privacy protection there is now the possibility to block tracking in the free version:
Aantekening 2020-07-30 085752.png

When I click on that number 323 I see social networks 14 blocked, web analytics 40 blocked, ads 0 blocked and web beacons 269 blocked.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
A change not in these release notes is that under privacy protection there is now the possibility to block tracking in the free version
Wasn't this available in previous versions also? I remember that it wasn't possible to disable this private browsing function in the free version which was disappointing and there was two options there like your screenshot. One was to only collect and other one to block.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
i see now no more changes in interface for KTS 2021 only color :( ,but when it is ready for download ,only in agust-september ?

Reactions: TRS-80

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Wasn't this available in previous versions also? I remember that it wasn't possible to disable this private browsing function in the free version which was disappointing and there was two options there like your screenshot. One was to only collect and other one to block.
Could be that I missed that in the previous version :oops:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
It blocks probably system wide, so it seems like a nice addition:
View attachment 244796
Yes, nice edition. Our AVs already knows what we do online so it doesn't hurt for letting them block such stuff as long as it doesn't impact local/internet performance. Personally I'm using Adguard DNS so I'm covered system wide.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I wonder if I have any risk of accidently activating the KSC license I have stored in My Kaspersky if I go the KIs -> KTS activation route... maybe I should just wait for the full offline installer to become available this time.

• Wow
  • +Reputation
Reactions: TRS-80 and eXDj

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.