New Update KAV\KIS\KS\KSOS: 21.4 - 21.5 MR4 / MR5 beta updates

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
I've gone back to 21.3 whilst they look into a few things.

Could have been that I hadn't done a clean install, but, if that's the case, then technically it's a bug? I think?

Reactions: Sorrento

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
Apparently you can turn off Data leak checker on Plus?

The standard for me doesn't have that option. Maybe it needs a clean install.

Edit: The more i look the more i feel like this whole thing is a mess? The options don't make sense, or there's clearly issues with products still?
  • Kaspersky Free apparently allows you to turn off Data leaker, but standard doesn't?
  • Kaspersky Free has the email address of the account partially blocked out, but paid products don't?
  • PC Speedup can't be disabled and constantly pops up on the front of the Application homepage suggesting i use it.
Unneeded and unnecessary bloat. I just want a good AV and Firewall without all the extra 'Bloat'. At least in previous versions these could all be toggled off easily enough
I think, this company is on the wrong track. It is now not normal AV or IS, but it was full of unnecessary vacancies. I think now say googbye to Kaspersky.

Werderforever

Level 1
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
KAV → Kaspersky “Basic”
KIS → Kaspersky “Standard”
KTS → Kaspersky “Plus”
KSC → Kaspersky “Premium”
Agree, it should be like this:

So They'll have to fix the migration to all the KTS licences (I also have systems with KTS)...
I have never heard something about "Kaspersky Premium". Do you know what´s the difference to Kapsersky Plus?

And will all KSC-Users (Kaspersky Cloud Personal and Kaspersky Cloud Familiy) get free Upgrade to "Kaspersky Premium"? I have Kaspersky Cloud Personal.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
And will all KSC-Users (Kaspersky Cloud Personal and Kaspersky Cloud Familiy) get free Upgrade to "Kaspersky Premium"? I have Kaspersky Cloud Personal.
No need, I think, just use Your key in K.Plus installer and probably will get activated.

The only keys that will need a migration are KTS ones...

About K. Premium, there is not much info (none) yet about the differences with K. Plus...

VAR_123

Level 1
Verified
Dec 4, 2021
No need, I think, just use Your key in the K.Plus installer, and probably will get activated.

The only keys that will need a migration are KTS ones...

About K. Premium, there is not much info (none) yet about the differences with K. Plus...
Plus and Premium has the same features except for support assistant, I prefer Standard. If you like VPN, go with Plus.
2022-02-17_10-58-44.png

Last edited by a moderator:

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
So. Feedback from the forum

Our test, is the same as yours, there is no toggle OFF switch, &, reply from the only people any of us should trust: Russia HQ/aka experts:

“Data Leak Checker: for Kaspersky Basic and Kaspersky Standard there is no option to switch the automatics check off and it only let’s you check the connected My.Kaspersky leaks.”

Your solution, signing out of MyK, is definitely the way to go.

Other things, that we think stink about the ‘new’ product range, are the fact it’s subscription *only* & there’s no option on the purchase page to *uncheck* renewal, both big red marks against MR5 (ioo). Going thru the laborious ‘cancel renewal’ process that K has documented is not necessary & not consumer focused.

All in all a bit of a mess if I'm honest. Really does feel like they've gone backwards here.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
When I tried beta out I saw it was a bit (very) messy which I assumed was it's a beta, but having tried the final I'm disappointed & come to the conclusion it's a big step back from KIS - For me it's much more difficult to navigate & things locked are down & I just dislike it - I have extended licences for Kaspersky but after trying yet it again I've imaged back & won't use Standard again as it is - Licences I have will be offered to those whose PC's I fix for free but I've done with it - All my opinion only, & a pity :(:(

micasayyo

Level 3
Jan 31, 2022
Has anyone else tried 21.5 yet or got any feedback/thoughts after using?
in my case I used Kaspersky Standard for a few days since my KTS key was not supported by Kaspersky Plus.
At the moment I am in version 21.3 until they solve the KTS issue and the migration of the keys (or the key expires) then I will see if I change to Kaspersky Standard.
P.S. I don't understand kaspersky's policy releasing a new version only in some countries

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
So, if someone was to purchase KTS now, they would be able to migrate to Kaspersky Plus later?

Also, what is required for "migration"?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I would not buy a KTS license in the current situation, since that migration to K. Plus from KTS, won't be free... so I would buy directly KSCloud Personal licences, that will work directly in : Plus product...

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I would not buy a KTS license in the current situation, since that migration to K. Plus from KTS, won't be free... so I would buy directly KSCloud Personal licences, that will work directly in : Plus product...
I have 1.5 years left on my 3 years KTS license. What will happen if i don't migrate? Are these forced migration? Will KTS stop working, i mean won't receive any updates?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.