New Update KAV\KIS\KS\KSOS: 21.4 - 21.5 MR4 / MR5 beta updates

VAR_123

Level 1
Verified
Dec 4, 2021
I cant see them? Australia site just shows the old ones.

Edit. Cache issue!

Is there anything different between installers at all? For example the Australian one that's there and the Eu/UK?
Just now, I saw there are new products in Australia site.
All installer functions are the same, but privacy-policy changes from country to country.

Reactions: Sorrento

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Waiting for the EU version, my license is just for EU products. In EU still 21.3:

1644951235979.png

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Waiting for the EU version, my license is just for EU products. In EU still 21.3:

View attachment 264386
Didn't think licenses where locked by region?

I've bought Kaspersky from Amazon UK and it's allowed me to install with the installer from the Australian site.

The download links you're looking at there are from either the .co.uk site or from your 'My Kaspersky account' I think?

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Grabbed the installer (Standard) from the Australian site and I'm currently Installing it on a laptop over the top of 21.3.10.391(g)

Installation seems to take a while!
Few things.

GUI
Not a fan of the email address being shown on the left hand side of the application. I'd rather this was just 'My Account' or 'My Kaspersky' or at least allow this to be hidden?

Data Password Leaker
Can this be disabled? Can see this causing a few issues or creating confusion.

If I install the license on other devices that belong to family members, it's going to be showing 'issues' with the email address tied to the Kaspersky account.

I don't need something else alerting me about breaches, or potential password/leak issues

PC Speedup.
Seems like this can't be disabled either?

Hmm. Feels like some of this wasn't thought through properly.

Last edited:

nicos181987

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
Jul 25, 2021
Didn't think licenses where locked by region?

I've bought Kaspersky from Amazon UK and it's allowed me to install with the installer from the Australian site.

The download links you're looking at there are from either the .co.uk site or from your 'My Kaspersky account' I think?

If I install the software via My Kaspersky, it install the country-specific version (in my case Italy), but I use the Global version installer and it works.

But why don't create a single unified installer and then it adapts itself regarding the region of installation?

This is one of the two complaints about software: the other is regarding to language specific version of some software, in which if you buy the French version (for example), then you can't have the English one.

Last edited:

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Can anyone else disable the data leak chexker? According to the online help there should be a toggle in the data leak checker section?

Not there for me?

Maybe I need to do a clean install?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
If I install the software via My Kaspersky, it install the country-specific version (in my case Italy), but I use the Global version installer and it works.

But why don't create a single unified installer and then it adapts itself regarding the region of installation?

This is one of the two complaints about software: the other is regarding to language specific version of some software, in which if you buy the French version (for example), then you can't have the English one.
In French version You can switch (in every system start) to English GUI with SHIFT + F12 key combination, and back with SHIFT + F5

nicos181987

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
Jul 25, 2021
I installed the 21.5 version with the installer from the AU site, and I discovered two things:

1) I tried to install the Premium version, but it switched automatically to the Plus version (because I have KSC)
2) Even if the GUI says "Plus", going into the subscription info it says, "Kaspersky Security Cloud" and, for example, the unlimited VPN that is included with Plus still doesn't work (in fact, I have only 500MB per day, which is included with KSC). Maybe I'll be switched when the new packages will be available in my country.

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Just sign out from the Kaspersky app. I think there is no other option.

View attachment 264394
Yeah I think that's the short term solution.

Data Password Leaker & PC Speed-Up are enabled by “design” → cannot be switched off:angry: , we’ve logged this with support as well as the exposed email address & requested it be sent to Russia HQ experts/developers → we’re actually very surprised Kaspersky has released MR5 without a Data Password Leaker OFF switch, this issue has been outstanding for a very long time.

VAR_123

Level 1
Verified
Dec 4, 2021
Yeah, I think that's the short term solution.

Data Password Leaker & PC Speed-Up are enabled by “design” → cannot be switched off:angry: we’ve logged this with support as well as the exposed email address & requested it is sent to Russia HQ experts/developers → we’re very surprised Kaspersky has released MR5 without a Data Password Leaker OFF switch, this issue has been outstanding for a very long time.
That's true, they should improve privacy and should give an option to turn it off.
In Kaspersky free version, we can turn off the data leak checker and it even hides our email address. But not in the regular standard, plus versions. I think they will update.

Kaspersky Free 2022.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
That's true, they should improve privacy and should give an option to turn it off.
In Kaspersky free version, we can turn off the data leak checker and it even hides our email address. But not in the regular standard, plus versions. I think they will update.

View attachment 264408
Apparently you can turn off Data leak checker on Plus?

The standard for me doesn't have that option. Maybe it needs a clean install.

Edit: The more i look the more i feel like this whole thing is a mess? The options don't make sense, or there's clearly issues with products still?
  • Kaspersky Free apparently allows you to turn off Data leaker, but standard doesn't?
  • Kaspersky Free has the email address of the account partially blocked out, but paid products don't?
  • PC Speedup can't be disabled and constantly pops up on the front of the Application homepage suggesting i use it.
Unneeded and unnecessary bloat. I just want a good AV and Firewall without all the extra 'Bloat'. At least in previous versions these could all be toggled off easily enough

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.