New Update KAV\KIS\KS\KSOS: 21.4 - 21.5 MR4 / MR5 beta updates

wdc1

Level 1
Sep 9, 2019
Yes, I think it shows all the attempts in number inside the brackets...
that's not the attempts, that's the number of files downloaded.
Why's that information so important?
because without it you can't tell if the update schedule is working or not, I have set the updates every 60 minutes and when I open KAV 2021 and click on "database update" I can see how many minutes have passed since the last attempt, that way I can see that my antivirus is effectively trying to update itself every 60 minutes.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

Are You sure??? Not the number of files downloaded, then that number should be even higher...

I just powered on my PC, and forced manually 3 signatures updates (in some minutes):

1643439181496.png

Now check extended Reports:

1643439307558.png

The task today (for now) was completed -> (3)

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

because without it you can't tell if the update schedule is working or not, I have set the updates every 60 minutes and when I open KAV 2021 and click on "database update" I can see how many minutes have passed since the last attempt, that way I can see that my antivirus is effectively trying to update itself every 60 minutes.
Is your system a laptop? In this case, You should disable “Battery Saver” option, because if enabled, all the scheduled tasks stop temporally to save energy:

1643449968771.png

wdc1

Level 1
Sep 9, 2019
Are You sure??? Not the number of files downloaded, then that number should be even higher...

I just powered on my PC, and forced manually 3 signatures updates (in some minutes):

View attachment 263869

Now check extended Reports:

View attachment 263870

The task today (for now) was completed -> (3)
No, I'm not sure, I read it somewhere else, it seems you are correct.
Is your system a laptop? In this case, You should disable “Battery Saver” option, because if enabled, all the scheduled tasks stop temporally to save energy:

View attachment 263873
It's a laptop but I use it connected to the grid all the time. Any way, I'll stick with KAV 2021, my laptop is 11 years old and is not fast anymore, it's a shame software companies make heavier and heavier programs every year just to make sure hardware companies keep on selling expensive gear we don't really need. I could still use windows 95 and get all my work done if software companies hadn't decide they have to force me to update every year.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.