New Update KAV\KIS\KS\KSOS: 21.4 - 21.5 MR4 / MR5 beta updates

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
You (We, me also :), all who still owns KTS licences) may continue using that KTS 21.3 without any issues, Kaspersky will continue giving it support... it seems They will create soon a system to migrate licences from KTS to K. Plus

I asked in K. Community and a K. staff user told me that the migration will not be free, since You are migrating to a more featured application.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 93475

You (We, me also :), all who still owns KTS licences) may continue using that KTS 21.3 without any issues, Kaspersky will continue giving it support... it seems They will create soon a system to migrate licences from KTS to K. Plus

I asked in K. Community and a K. staff user told me that the migration will not be free, since You are migrating to a more featured application.
Do you know if this licensing migration system will include other kaspersky products (KIS) ?
I want a clean install of the system and I do not want to mess with the correspondence with the technical support and re-activate my license again on the new system (I messed up before and it was painful and long)

In another context
The problem of the connection failure with YouTube is still happening with Patch H despite Kaspersky’s promises that they have solved this problem and the only solution now is to stop checking the encrypted connection, but from what I heard it should not be done because the protection of the web depends on it
Screenshot_37.png

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think the other products no need migration, You can use KIS licence to direct activate K. Basic, and KSCloud (paid) to activate K. Plus...

Yes, I'm getting this issue from time to time (and refreshing several times finally does the trick), even in K. Plus MR6 beta, probably They are already aware of the issue...

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
but why do they miss each other? It was known that KTS was going to remove it, therefore the people who had said version were going to have to pay a price. Unlike internet security and cloud, that its migration is instantaneous. Remember that the new version 21.5 is NOT just an interface change, I who have it noticed a change in the engine, it is another antivirus, much faster than version 21.3.
What does bother me a bit is that some options cannot be disabled in the Standard option, but it is not something serious, since antiviruses like Avast, Avira Norton and others you cannot even close them from the toolbar. Kaspersky is the only one that allows you to close it. Greetings to all.

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

I think the other products no need migration, You can use KIS licence to direct activate K. Basic, and KSCloud (paid) to activate K. Plus...

Yes, I'm getting this issue from time to time (and refreshing several times finally does the trick), even in K. Plus MR6 beta, probably They are already aware of the issue...
it's really bad to hear that the problem exists with the newer versions too :eek:
Kaspersky must find a solution quickly because it is very annoying :mad:

nicos181987

Level 1
Verified
Well-known
Jul 25, 2021
Kaspersky 21.5.11.384(b) Final.... Patch B is also out, but version 21.3 is still available on the Kaspersky website in all languages. Anyone know anything about it?

Where did you find that patch "b" was released for 21.5? I couldn't find any changelog about the new versions

The final release date, as every year, will be different in every country / world region (different marketing strategies), this is not new 🤷‍♂️

I hope that we don't have to wait too much for having the new plan.

Szellem

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 15, 2020
If anyone can't install the new Kaspersky 21.5, here is the support's solution:

"According to our developers, the issue arose due to incorrect uninstallation of .NET 5.x
The problem should resolve by removing C:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet\host\fxr\5.0.13 and then restarting the device. "

And, after finishing 21.5 installing, please restart the PC again, and K 21.5 is working good.

Képernyőkép 2022-03-01 174430.png

Last edited by a moderator:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I asked Danila, and He just replied me:
@harlan4096
By Design 😁. We gradually give out new pages for users (similar as patches). I.e. someone gets to the new page, someone to the old one.
Direct links:
Kaspersky Plus | Kaspersky
Kaspersky Plus - Advanced Cybersecurity Protection | Kaspersky

You can get the others new products, changing the last part of the link:

Kaspersky Standard | Kaspersky

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.