loveboy_lion Config

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
RE: loveboy_lion Config EDIT 15/07/2012

Biozfear said:
Perhaps Webroot could be a companion AVV?

Not sure though.

BBeen running it solo in VM

I guess i will Give it a try since i Have 166 days still left for webroot
I wish i could use all my security suites at once ( just joking)
Thanks for reminding about webroot had almost forgotten abut it

P

Plexx

RE: loveboy_lion Config EDIT 16/07/2012

Sweet, 166 days.

Tested it and did ok. I still need to figure it out a way to run as a companion along CAV. so I will probably fire up the VM again

P

Plexx

Have you attempted to have ESET and Webroot?

I must have made a mistake one either side of the config and it went haywire.

I followed umbra's guide for Webroot but might have made a mistake somewhere along the lines. If you have both running what settings are both?

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
I followed umbra's guide for Webroot but might have made a mistake somewhere along the lines. If you have both running what settings are both?

what is your issue?

P

Plexx

scanning a file it kicked off both ESET and WSA.

I might have forgot to reconfigure WSA but now im lost lol. After spending hours viewing services and stuff like that, you can forgive me.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Yes i am currently using ESET with Webroot (ESET is on Default settings)
only Settings Changed in webroot are
Note After changing all settings just do a default webroot scan
and only restart when eset is excluded in webroot as shown

P

Plexx

Ok one issue I had was Webroot was on Max... that and forgot to exclude either one.

Ill go through this again later on.

Thanks for the screens lovelyboy.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT :
Removed ESET Smart Security 6
Added comodo Firewall with Defence+
Added Sysrestore pro

Main Av Slot is open For Now Will See what works long with webroot and comodo and is light on system without any conflicts or problem
( any Suggestion guys)

Not Sure But Will Also Try to Test Returnil System Safe to see if it works with webroot , comodo and Sysrestore (most probably it wont i suppose any thoughts anyone)

Umbra Please Dont try to infect me with your EAM virus since i have no licence for it and no mood to get one but i have licence for Mamutu
Thanks

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
These are the Antivirus which i currently have licence for and my experience with them sujjesstions re always welcomed
1) Trustport AV/IS (Slows down the system a bit at times)
2) TrendMicro AV/IS/TS (Dont want to use another cloud and Uses almost 100+mb and always tends to scan even after full scan)
3) Panda Cloud (Dont want to use another cloud along with Webroot)
4) Ashampoo Anti Malware (too Heavy on Ram always above 100mb)
5) Outpost (Not Tried since using Comodo)
6) Mamutu (will use if it adds an extra layer of protection without any conflicts)
7) ESET Smart Security (Just Removed Since licence almost about to expire)
8) VBA32 (Not Tried)
9) Zemana Antilogger (Not using Since Defence+ Is enough)
10)Advanced system care with Antivirus (If I have to use it I will prefer it as an ondemand antivirus scanner Not realtime)
Thanks

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
From the list you provided I will not choose anyone,I am with webroot secureanywhere complete along with malwarebytes and hitman pro and i feel i don't need any more security for my machine (till i myself want to infect my machine with nasty infection)

But if you want something to add which use less resource you can add avast free av and don't forget to exclude each other from scanning.
You can read umbrapolaris signature for more details

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Thanks For The suggestion But i dont know if i will use avast but if nothing works will try it to see how it goes along with my setup

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT :
Added Mamutu and it work fine with comodo and webroot excluded

Testing Roboscan along with my setup right now not sure how it will react

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

loveboy_lion said:
Added Mamutu and it work fine with comodo and webroot excluded

it was the first apps i add to CIS before i got EAM's license, it was Mamutu than seeds my idea of "paranoid" security layers. :D

I tested it and was disappointed, eternal first update (that sometimes fails) and slow scan & removal.

P

Plexx

umbrapolaris said:

I tested it and was disappointed, eternal first update (that sometimes fails) and slow scan & removal.

Yep, thats what I observed on my review as well.

First update was slow. had to cancel and restart.

It is still not a bad solution

P

Plexx

you could also give FortiClient Lite a go. I personally disabled the scheduled scans though (one less service to worry about and I prefer manual maintenance on my other laptop)

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Edit
Removed Sysrestore pro since it cased a never ending BSOD after install and had to format and install everything from scratch since for some odd reason even backup didnt work

Trying Forticlient lite with my setup cant say its light since its using 9 processes and lacks configurations but will keep it a while to see how actually it performs

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

loveboy_lion said:
Edit
Removed Sysrestore pro since it cased a never ending BSOD after install and had to format and install everything from scratch since for some odd reason even backup didnt work

Lucky Acronis was able to restore the backup.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.