loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
loveboy_lion said:
Edit
Removed Sysrestore pro since it cased a never ending BSOD after install and had to format and install everything from scratch since for some odd reason even backup didnt work

Lucky Acronis was able to restore the backup.

I never had such problem in the past with backup maybe i will give acronis a try

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Does anyone know what is the database size of forticlient lite since it has been downloading update for past 4 hours and still updating and i have a 1 mbps connection so thats a lot of time
Thanks

Edit :
Removed Forticlient lite the update seems to be never ending but must say it has a good website protection

P

Plexx

loveboy_lion said:
Does anyone know what is the database size of forticlient lite since it has been downloading update for past 4 hours and still updating and i have a 1 mbps connection so thats a lot of time
Thanks

Edit :
Removed Forticlient lite the update seems to be never ending but must say it has a good website protection

I had to restart Forticlient twice for the update.

I had the same issue but once past that it was fine. sorry for the late reply

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Biozfear said:
loveboy_lion said:
Thanks

Edit :

I had to restart Forticlient twice for the update.

I had the same issue but once past that it was fine. sorry for the late reply
May be will try their next version when they release one
Thanks

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT:
Removed ESET NOD 32 , Comodo Firewall and Emsisoft mamutu

Added Panda cloud pro with firewall enabled and EMET 3.5

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT :
Removed Panda Cloud Pro and Webroot SecureAnywhere

Going To be without antivirus for a while since some problem with my internet provider and currently using mobile internet which is very slow so dont want to slow it further with security suit since

since i am only going to known good sites at the moment i think it wont be a much problem since i will utilize my time with gaming a lot till my internet is fixed

using Only EMET 3.5(max security) and Windows defender enabled

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You don't want to slow it down further, then I suggest disabling Windows Defender too, and choose to use SBIE for the meanwhile.

WD probably downloads more definitions updates than WSA.

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT-
Disabled windows Defender
Thanks Earth had forgotten about windows defender updates

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
VPN: okayfreedom , ibVPN , SurfAnonymousFree , Comodo Trustconnect , ProXPN

How are you liking these and how did you get them to co-exist and function?

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
I most Of the time keep VPN startup and adapters disabled
I only enable ones which i use
most of the the i only use okayfreedom or comodo trustconnect
and all of them work perfectly never had any issues in last 6-8 months

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
the only issue i had ran into once was when i accidentally forgot to disable okayfreedom while i was using comod trustconnect and for some reason the internet was as slow as a snail maybe since they both were running together except that i have really been lucky
Thanks

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIt
Added ESET smart security v6 since i found that it did not slow down my mobile internet connection which is what i need the most right now
Thanks

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
EDIT
Remove windows 7 ultimate 64 bit for some reason got bored and again wanted to give windows 8 a try

Added Windows 8 Release preview 64 bit
Added Trustport Internet Security 2013
Added ESET Online Scanner

P

Plexx

loveboy_lion said:
EDIT
Remove windows 7 ultimate 64 bit for some reason got bored and again wanted to give windows 8 a try

Added Windows 8 Release preview 64 bit
Added Trustport Internet Security 2013
Added ESET Online Scanner

TrustPort is not fully supported on Windows 8 if I am not mistaken.

Any problems so far?

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
before installing trutport i was suppose to install ESET but since its not supported on Win8
Trustport 2013 version is officially supported on win8 and yes so till now no issues everything is working fine with 6 processes with combined ram usage of about 70megs with almost no cpu usage seems lighter than before except that it slows down windows boot 5-10 sec snce it does not allow user process to load unless it loads its protection (this can be turned off from settings)
and yes i had to do a scan of my system drive since it scanned each and every file after the scan it has been silent except when installing software or opening some software for the first time

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
Edit
Removed Trustport since it slowed down my games a lot even in game mode (which i hate the most) other than that its good
Added ESET smart Security 6 for some reason i just keep going back to ESET since i think it works best for my needs and games works like there is no antivirus installed

maybe CIS v6 would make me ditch ESET untill then will keep trying to see what works best other than ESET

P

Plexx

How is the firewall on version 6 of ESET?
Reason why I do not use ESET SS is because some of my games require connection and they don't particularly like a firewall...

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2012
ESEt v6 firewall is good but it blocks some connections of games in automatic mode that i why i use automatic mode with exceptions and add my games to the firewall allow list for both incoming and outgoing i also exclude my games from protocol filtering to gain responsiveness and frame rate i have also allowed UPNP for system services in trusted zone for games that i play on lan other than that all firewall rules are default
You can say ESET firewall is close to Comodo firewall but it likes to decide most of the things for itself

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.