Advice Request Malwarebytes lifetime?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

If you ask around the forum, I bet there is a lot of people who would even give them away for lack of use :)
Most of them would have been tired of trying Malwarebytes again and again hoping for improvement in detection and resource usage. But at last finding the same truth, it is good only for cleaning infected machine and free version can do that too.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Well, I am using MB on one of my devices and I am very happy with it. As I am a student, I managed to get a 4-year subscription for $5 via student beans. Unfortunately, the offer seems to be no longer valid.

If you ask around the forum, I bet there is a lot of people who would even give them away for lack of use :)
Well, I would gladly pay them and get that and let them unlift the burden of MB :p Honestly, I have faith in MB; at least they run their own technology and they are doing pretty good.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Anything which isn't an authorised retailer or from eBay is not trusted at all and should be left alone.

~LDogg
Well, I purchased many keys from eBay such as Bullguard and the keys are working fine and are legit (newegg keycards), so it depends. I have never had luck purchasing Kaspersky keys from any of those sites; the keys get blocked after some time.

Reactions: Jack and Cortex

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
i don't think they have a lifetime anymore. when they announced the end of their lifetime lic i did buy one from ebay at that time (many years ago). the lic i bought was never used on anyone else's computer. it came in a sealed box. (basically, since malwarebytes was not going to sell them anymore, some guy bought a bunch and resold them)

anything now would likely be from a used license that was previously installed. and the seller would still have the key, even after selling it to you. so you would have to trust him that he isn't going to sell it to other people too, or use it again in the future. eventually, malwarebytes will notice and kill that license and you could be out of your money.

additionally, my license is a true lifetime. it is for my life, not my computer's life. i can transfer it from one of my computers to another. technically, i am not allowed to resell it. the real question would be if malwarebytes would know if the new computer is a new person (?). so your geolocation might be important compared to where that used lic was previously run????? basically ... they might have a way to know, but you would likely be fine.

i think the bigger danger is in the ebay guy reselling it again and again. (but as always, i'm just talking out of my arse here, heheh)

Last edited:

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
i have a full legitimate lifetime key i would not suggest buying one from another person or website. You are only allowed 1 computer per lifetime license. You would also need that persons login information to reset the key if you ever plan to change it on another computer. Getting a key without the login information would be entirely useless to you...

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
If you choose to buy from eBay one day at an unknown time your licence will be invalid - I also question why anyone wants to use Mbam anyway these days, 15 years ago yes but now it's a RAM eater (I feel) :):)

tsunami

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2018
I need 3 lifetime licenses for family & friends use if anyone is willing to donate or sell.

Reactions: Jack

AdvancedSetup

From Malwarebytes
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Nov 14, 2019
eBay is not and never has been an authorized reseller of Malwarebytes. Any license purchased from there is almost certainly an illegal license.

That is correct. We stopped selling lifetime licenses in 2014. For those that do have a valid legit license, it continues to be honored and valid from sales dating back to 2008. If you purchased one back then you've been able to upgrade now for 12 years without additional cost.

I do have several of my own retail purchases of Malwarebytes Lifetime tucked away but as an employee, I already get a free license for my systems.:p

Bryan320

Level 8
Oct 11, 2019
eBay is not and never has been an authorized reseller of Malwarebytes. Any license purchased from there is almost certainly an illegal license.

That is correct. We stopped selling lifetime licenses in 2014. For those that do have a valid legit license, it continues to be honored and valid from sales dating back to 2008. If you purchased one back then you've been able to upgrade now for 12 years without additional cost.

I do have several of my own retail purchases of Malwarebytes Lifetime tucked away but as an employee, I already get a free license for my systems.:p
So are lifetime license's only good for 12 years????? Mine says it never "expires"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.