malwarebytes not finding malware, issues with running scan and bluescreen

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Looks good,

Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus

Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.
Vista / 7 users: You will need to to right-click on the Internet Explorer icon and select Run as Administrator
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activex control to install
  • Disable your current antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notfication Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Un-checked, and the following Advance Settings are Checked
    • Scan unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
OnlineScanner64.ocx - registred OK
OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
I did however notice a file called offline web pages/ when i opened it w explore it was empty but the properties say there is bytes of info in it.. now the only reason i question it, is the date it was modifired and that is 11/17/12 one of the days I know my son clicked on malware. Do u think its ok? or is there a way to scan that file on the site Jack left above that u gave me before??

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Gbaby614 said:
I did however notice a file called offline web pages/ when i opened it w explore it was empty but the properties say there is bytes of info in it.. now the only reason i question it, is the date it was modifired and that is 11/17/12 one of the days I know my son clicked on malware. Do u think its ok? or is there a way to scan that file on the site Jack left above that u gave me before??

That file won't do you harm, just delete it if you can. If you want to scan it, you can upload it to the site Jack gave you. How are things running on your PC?

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Things are ok from what I can see so far.. but.. I need to find out why the webcam is working one minute n not the next.. I did see 2 drivers in the Imaging device when I had it open earlier, but I need to get the full details to you tomorrow- after Dr appointment..so I won't be keeping you up this time, lol... Will talk to u then...

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Are the 2 driver names the same? Can you post a screen shot of the device manager and the 2 imaging devices?

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
No they were different, I cant load the webcam again at the moment but I did take a screen shot a cpl days ago just in case it was an issue that they were different.. this is what it said then:

Attachments

• cam1.JPG
    cam1.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 136

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Let's give this a try:

Download Windows Repair (all in one) from this site

Install the program then run it.

Go to step 3 and allow it to run SFC by clicking Do It. Wait until it finishes before moving to the next step.

Go to start repairs tab, select advanced mode and click start.

Note: If it prompts you to make a system restore point and backup your registries, allow it to do so.

Check all the boxes on the list

Portable-Tweaking-com-Windows-Repair_6.png

Check the box besides Restart System When Finished then click Start

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
ok, going to try this now.. are u around in case i need you for help or questions??

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
i just need to know about the part that says SET WINDOWS SERVICES TO DEFAULT STARTUP will this add to or erase my startup progs??? I have it set where not much runs on start up but will continue if u help me fix the startup where it runs minimumally

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Gbaby614 said:
i just need to know about the part that says SET WINDOWS SERVICES TO DEFAULT STARTUP will this add to or erase my startup progs??? I have it set where not much runs on start up but will continue if u help me fix the startup where it runs minimumally

It won't erase your programs, but in that case uncheck:

Set windows services to default
remove policies set by infection

Did you do the system file check in step 3?

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
i will start this after u reply, so it may be in the a.m.

ugh nvm.. on delay again.. i dunno why it does this i refreshed over n over, n saw ur post after i posted

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Fiery said:
Gbaby614 said:

I didnt start it yet, I wanted to make sure it wouldnt remove or delte anything.. I can begin this now.. if there isnt any more changes i need to make

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Gbaby614 said:
Fiery said:
Gbaby614 said:

I didnt start it yet, I wanted to make sure it wouldnt remove or delte anything.. I can begin this now.. if there isnt any more changes i need to make

Go ahead :)

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
ok, i dunno if i just missed something but i let it run the SFC and when i looked over it was blinking to hit any key to continue.. and i did so before even reading the stuff above it, and now... i am at the START REPAIRS part BUT i dont see an option to select advanced mode nor do a restore point or backup.. did i mess it up?

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Im going to go ahead and leave it where it is, I had a very long day at the DR and dont wanna mess anything up.. Im sure it wont hurt to leave it and will close it and start over if you think its best, or continue where I left off in a few hrs when I wake up. Im just really tired and I dont want to make any careless mistakes due to being tired. I will msg ya to let u know when I am here. ttys

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Gbaby614 said:
ok, i dunno if i just missed something but i let it run the SFC and when i looked over it was blinking to hit any key to continue.. and i did so before even reading the stuff above it, and now... i am at the START REPAIRS part BUT i dont see an option to select advanced mode nor do a restore point or backup.. did i mess it up?

Ok, I assume sfc finished the scan.

Please goto step 4 and create a restore point and registry backup then goto Start Repairs. Check the boxes and Restart System When Finished and go ahead and press start.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
it isnt giving me the option to do that.. how do u want me to do it..is there a quick way.. i think i may know how to do a system restore but it has been a while, can u guide me?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.