malwarebytes not finding malware, issues with running scan and bluescreen

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
omg, i did it again, i over read what u wrote, i just saw go to step 4.. apologies to ya ;o}

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
i did the backups but im still at a standstill, i do not see the advanced mode option in START REPAIRS.. i cannot check mark boxes as I do not see any... Im stuck at this point still...........

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
bc there were several mirrors i guess i need to ask if there were differences in any of the dl's.. i used the direct dl..

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Gbaby614 said:
i did the backups but im still at a standstill, i do not see the advanced mode option in START REPAIRS.. i cannot check mark boxes as I do not see any... Im stuck at this point still...........

Don' worry about the advance mode. What do you mean you can't check any boxes or see any boxes?

All mirrors are the same, as long as you have v1.9.7 then you are fine :)

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
you said toclick advanced mode and check mark all but the set windows services to default and remove policies set by infection... pls tell me i didnt read that wrong too.. if so just let me know its ok to click start,

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
im worried that w/o unchecking those ( which i do not see) will affect the settings.. i am concerned about moving forward and it changes it back to default

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Gbaby614 said:
you said toclick advanced mode and check mark all but the set windows services to default and remove policies set by infection... pls tell me i didnt read that wrong too.. if so just let me know its ok to click start,

Sorry about the confusion. There used to be an advanced mode but the program changed but I just didn't fix the canned speech. The "advance mode" is now under "start repairs' tab.

If you click the Start Repairs tab, click start and it will take you to the page , similar to the picture I posted earlier. From there, you can uncheck those 2 settings from the list of things. The program won't actually "Start", when you click Start on the start repair page, it is very misleading.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
ahhh...gotcha... I am glad we verified that.. I will continue now, be back after Im done..

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Gbaby614 said:
ahhh...gotcha... I am glad we verified that.. I will continue now, be back after Im done..

The first time I used this program, I had the same worry. I couldn't figure out where I can select the settings so I decided to be courageous and clicked start and VIOLA :p

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
the options that were not on that pg that are on this one is -- REPAIR MSI (windows installer) , repair snipping tool, repair file associations, and repair windows safe mode.. im asking bc they weren't even listed on the copied picture and it may be an update, and not just left off of your post.. will continue scan after reply

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Fiery said:
Gbaby614 said:

The first time I used this program, I had the same worry. I couldn't figure out where I can select the settings so I decided to be courageous and clicked start and VIOLA :p

LOL, at least we are figuring this out, and is a plus that you are so helpful!!! KUDOS TO YOU

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Gbaby614 said:
the options that were not on that pg that are on this one is -- REPAIR MSI (windows installer) , repair snipping tool, repair file associations, and repair windows safe mode.. im asking bc they weren't even listed on the copied picture and it may be an update, and not just left off of your post.. will continue scan after reply

also has this one, but prob isnt needed...
Repair Missing Start Menu Icons Removed By Infections

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Gbaby614 said:
Gbaby614 said:

also has this one, but prob isnt needed...
Repair Missing Start Menu Icons Removed By Infections

Yea sorry, I haven't updated that picture for a while. The tool updates frequently :p

All those settings shouldn't have a negative impact on your settings.

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
not sure if u answered, refresh isnt showing one but since it wont affect me either way, going to leave it unchecked and start, i can always go back and do it again if needed

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Gbaby614 said:
not sure if u answered, refresh isnt showing one but since it wont affect me either way, going to leave it unchecked and start, i can always go back and do it again if needed

You can check the settings that don't appear in the picture :)

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
okay the pc just rebooted, not sure what to do from here, or if u need a log or where to find it, so I am off to bed as well.. will check back in the a.m. as well :eek:}

Gbaby614

Thread author
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
Fiery said:
Gbaby614 said:

You can check the settings that don't appear in the picture :)

I unchecked them but can redo it in the a.m. I did notice that it had a lot of "FAILED" occurring so I also need to add that the virus protection i use was off, but WINDOWS FIREWALL was still on and i didnt know.. not sure if that is why it was saying that, we will figure it all out tomorrow, have a great night.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.