Battle Need to replace Kaspersky :( What next?

Tibro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Hello,

I really liked Kaspersky Anti-Virus, but i always found a bug what get me angry and hold me/prevent in my work. Now Kaspersky's new hobby is: closing Chrome windows if i'm using cloud services for a long time.
Enough now! :)

I need a good balanced antivirus whith good protection what let me use my PC! Got important documents but I'm using daily and cloud backup. Last known malware infection was ~6-7 years ago.
However it's a difficult question.
I don't need firewall and other additional stuffs just antivirus. I really don't need bugs anymore! Is itt possible?
Last
Here is some solutions, it tried each but i can't decide. Can you help me?

My work: Testing php based systems, softwares and websites. I'm using VPN and remote desktop too, and writing documents, supporting users etc.

F-Secure Safe: Here is not so much information about F-Secure long time. Why? I tried and system impact is very-very low but settings and notification/choice chance is zero.

Emsisoft: So-so. Has good protection but also buggy :(

ESET NOD32: Good system impact but descent protention. Thats right?

I tried bitdefender.. my god.. Bitdefender is slowing web-surfing like a hell.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Feb 27, 2016
I don't know about Bd and Emsisoft. I love both Eset and F-secure.F-Secure has Dynamic protection while Eset lacks this protection(it has some but not that strong).
From my experience:
Eset LiveGrid(it use some advanced technologies)>F-Secure cloud
F-Secure webfiltering> Eset Web filtering
Eset resource usage<F-secure

F-Secure telemtry>Eset((it has almost 0 Telemetry if you disable it through settings But you cant do this for F-Secure cuz you lose the cloud protection(read Deep guard)))
F-Secure is not Customizable while Eset is highly tweakable.But Eset without the firewall is not strong!
Eset cloud technology:
Code:
CLOUD MALWARE PROTECTION SYSTEM
The ESET Cloud Malware Protection System is one of several technologies based on ESET’s LiveGrid® cloud system. Unknown, potentially malicious applications and other possible threats are monitored and submitted to the ESET cloud via the ESET LiveGrid® Feedback System. The samples collected are subjected to automatic sandboxing and behavioral analysis, which results in the creation of automated detections if malicious characteristics are confirmed. ESET clients learn about these automated detections via the ESET LiveGrid® Reputation System without the need to wait for the next detection engine update.

Deep guard technology:
https://www.f-secure.com/documents/996508/1030745/deepguard_whitepaper.pdf

mmm, some people say that ESET dynamic-protection is poor.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I also stoped using Kaspersky,it blocked my printer ,at times wouldn't let me type and I lost patience tweaking it,If your using windows 10 I recommend windows defender {use winaero tweaker to turn on pup protection,its free } with voodoo shield,everything works and great protection with no impact

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I also stoped using Kaspersky,it blocked my printer ,at times wouldn't let me type and I lost patience tweaking it,If your using windows 10 I recommend windows defender {use winaero tweaker to turn on pup protection,its free } with voodoo shield,everything works and great protection with no impact

This is one of the problems with Kaspersky. It can also impact games in my experience and random 'strangeness' with other programs - always with Kaspersky installed. I like the program, I just can't effectively use it without getting some issues here and there.

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Feb 27, 2016

So, I see that Kaspersky is a bad program.
@harlan4096

D

Deleted member 178

Emsisoft: So-so. Has good protection but also buggy :(
What kind of bugs?

(note that all softwares has bugs, it is why you have program updates, there is no such things as a bug-less softs).

About software firewalls, classic users don't need them anymore, they have their NAT routers to protect them.
Windows Firewall is good enough for most users, just use some WinFW 3rd party tools if you worry about outbound connections.
I'm a well known paranoid, and i use it, there is a good reason.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
All 3 programs that you listed are very good.
The only thing with F-Secure is that sometimes it's BB may give you some false positives.
As for the other 2 whatever you choose you will have good protection.
EAM offers very good protection without any tweaking.
EAV is lighter on systems but to have better protection you have to do some tweaking

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
All security software may potentially create problems in a computer. I have both Kaspersky and Bitdefender on different computers and had very little problems with both of them. If you're buying for a personal computer there is no reason not to test the software you're interested and checking if they cause any problem.

Do not believe product x is light/effective/causes no problems just because people report it as they most certainly do not have your exact software/hardware configuration.. I've had all kinds of problems with different security products who many claimed were light or bug free...

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
The only thing with F-Secure is that sometimes it's BB may give you some false positives.
Correction: Security cloud (embedded into DeepGuard) gives most of the false positives. For files that F-Secure users have not downloaded/used. It's more common to get casual (new) program installers and such blocked by DeepGuard (F-Secure) than any other anti-malware solution.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.