Battle Need to replace Kaspersky :( What next?

Tibro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Hello,

I really liked Kaspersky Anti-Virus, but i always found a bug what get me angry and hold me/prevent in my work. Now Kaspersky's new hobby is: closing Chrome windows if i'm using cloud services for a long time.
Enough now! :)

I need a good balanced antivirus whith good protection what let me use my PC! Got important documents but I'm using daily and cloud backup. Last known malware infection was ~6-7 years ago.
However it's a difficult question.
I don't need firewall and other additional stuffs just antivirus. I really don't need bugs anymore! Is itt possible?
Last
Here is some solutions, it tried each but i can't decide. Can you help me?

My work: Testing php based systems, softwares and websites. I'm using VPN and remote desktop too, and writing documents, supporting users etc.

F-Secure Safe: Here is not so much information about F-Secure long time. Why? I tried and system impact is very-very low but settings and notification/choice chance is zero.

Emsisoft: So-so. Has good protection but also buggy :(

ESET NOD32: Good system impact but descent protention. Thats right?

I tried bitdefender.. my god.. Bitdefender is slowing web-surfing like a hell.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
So, for example, between ESET, QIHOO and KASPERSKY, is Kaspersky the best choice?.
KASPERSKY ALWAYS...ESET never had any sort of BB in any way..KASPERSKY IS BEST followed by QIHOO..but be aware of these chinese vampires...personally i dont refer any of the CHINESE AV...ESET reaction to newest malwares is also good...But no proactive other than that...though some HIPS...no use ..bombards user like a hell

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Feb 27, 2016
KASPERSKY ALWAYS...ESET never had any sort of BB in any way..KASPERSKY IS BEST followed by QIHOO..but be aware of these chinese vampires...personally i dont refer any of the CHINESE AV...ESET reaction to newest malwares is also good...But no proactive other than that...though some HIPS...no use ..bombards user like a hell

KIS alone or with another security-software?... and Which?.

D

Deleted member 65228

What do you think Bitdefener and Norton?
I'd go with Norton Internet Security.

Norton provide good signatures and their SONAR protection is quite good. Norton are well-known and well-used and thus their cloud network will be very mature, which can also aid in prevention of malicious zero-day samples through file reputation checks.

They also provide other common and standard features such as web protection, firewall support, etc.

D

Deleted member 65228

KIS alone or with another security-software?... and Which?.
Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) is a full suite, you don't need to combine it with additional security solutions in real-time. More often than not, you're likely going to face conflict issues whilst trying to do that. KIS provides a layered protection mechanism, providing protection in a variety of areas (static and dynamic).

Software like Adguard should work fine alongside KIS (e.g. ad-blocking software), but you don't need to add on additions like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit/HitmanPro.Alert or other general real-time solutions - it would just reduce performance system-wide and increase chances of a conflict, even if you aren't made aware/notice it.

If you're referring to combining KIS with a full-on security suite alongside it, then that's a really bad idea and totally unnecessary.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
What do you think McAfee and Avira these days?
Mcafee is a crapware..Avira is a signware..But avira leads with old age signs..and a bit Huawei cloud..
ohh god Mcafee artemis artemis !!@.always important given to no.of users no sign of tech changes and upgrades..Real Protect:notworthy::notworthy:...Absence of BB...!

Recent Separation from INTEL is quite appreciable..but nothing more than a crap..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

McAfee is amazing... a
Sorry I was cut-off while trying to post. McAfee blocked the page for 10 hours and told me to buy a new PC so I just did that in the end.

When I called them, I got handed over to an foreign line where I was asked to wait in queue for 2 hours.

As I was saying, it's amazing at being a rootkit when it wants to be one. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Just a joke lol, no PC was harmed by McAfee during this joke). McAfee was neither actually called, it's all fiction.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Nowadays I only recommend EAM apart from Kaspersky. Earlier Bitdefender was good too but now it's buggy as hell (that update bug is so annoying plus their support even says it's not a bug, WTH. i am done with it). I haven't used Eset & Norton in a while so can't say, but F-secure is pretty good and light too.
PS, if you don't want to spend anything and can handle a few notificationa then used defender with Voodooshield.
Edit: Most importantly stay the hell away from McAfee.

low L!fe

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Nowadays I only recommend EAM apart from Kaspersky. Earlier Bitdefender was good too but now it's buggy as hell (that update bug is so annoying plus their support even says it's not a bug, WTH. i am done with it). I haven't used Eset & Norton in a while so can't say, but F-secure is pretty good and light too.
PS, if you don't want to spend anything and can handle a few notificationa then used defender with Voodooshield.
Edit: Most importantly stay the hell away from McAfee.
Iam use bitdefender and i have problem with update notifications and the program need to restart sometimes

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Feb 27, 2016

G Data or Kaspersky?... What´s better?.

Reactions: Faybert

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Both are solid piece of av..but G data has excellent signatures than Kaspersky..thanks to its dual engine..
Kaspersky power lies in their KSN and Sys Watcher..which can block almost anything..
Use their trails choose the one that fits best in your system performance..
Above two av are very strong..neither will not disappoint U

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
G Data and Kaspersky are the best AV on the market, with Emsisoft coming next, in my opinion. From my experience with G Data, I recommend it, but do a test with both and see what fits best in your system (performance), because in protection the two are equally powerful (y)

Last edited:

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Go custome build: becauue in most IS 1 layers is fine rest is placebo.

SecureAPlus as multi scanner (why you wonna use simple 1 av while you can use multi scanner to take more database for more chanve detect virus)
Sandboxie - Good and light isolator with restriction
SpyShelterFW: Firewall / advanced HIPS + Antilogger / Keystore Encryption / SRP

If you rly wanna still standalone i can preffer comodo cause he have all layer secuirty on good level which i cant say about rest softwares.
A part from the terrible AV in Comodo internet security.

Reactions: bribon77

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.