Battle Need to replace Kaspersky :( What next?

Tibro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Hello,

I really liked Kaspersky Anti-Virus, but i always found a bug what get me angry and hold me/prevent in my work. Now Kaspersky's new hobby is: closing Chrome windows if i'm using cloud services for a long time.
Enough now! :)

I need a good balanced antivirus whith good protection what let me use my PC! Got important documents but I'm using daily and cloud backup. Last known malware infection was ~6-7 years ago.
However it's a difficult question.
I don't need firewall and other additional stuffs just antivirus. I really don't need bugs anymore! Is itt possible?
Last
Here is some solutions, it tried each but i can't decide. Can you help me?

My work: Testing php based systems, softwares and websites. I'm using VPN and remote desktop too, and writing documents, supporting users etc.

F-Secure Safe: Here is not so much information about F-Secure long time. Why? I tried and system impact is very-very low but settings and notification/choice chance is zero.

Emsisoft: So-so. Has good protection but also buggy :(

ESET NOD32: Good system impact but descent protention. Thats right?

I tried bitdefender.. my god.. Bitdefender is slowing web-surfing like a hell.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I think the only way to get better than Kaspersky would be move to an AI based AV but there are none that are ready for general public consumption, Cylance has been hinting at a home version for the general public and it looks like SparkCongnition has/is coming out with a personal edition of Deeparmor for $99 a month. DeepArmor – SparkCognition Inc

Reactions: ZeroDay

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
I think the only way to get better than Kaspersky would be move to an AI based AV but there are none that are ready for general public consumption, Cylance has been hinting at a home version for the general public and it looks like SparkCongnition has/is coming out with a personal edition of Deeparmor for $99 a month. DeepArmor – SparkCognition Inc
Uhm what? 99 Dollar per month is rediclious. I am all in for paid software and give good devlopment some income but that price for a antimalware solution is just to high

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Move to Linux. You won't have to be bothered by AV for quite a long time then.
Trust me you won't get a bigger Linux fan than me I've run pretty much every distro at one point or another and I have a few distro's on separate partitions, but Linux distro's aren't without problems either. I'll be honest - The main reason I use Windows 10 is because I like playing about with security software. I ran Linux distributions only, no Windows for 4 or 5 years and I absolutely love open source software. I may switch back to a Linux distro at some point and just use Windows 10 inside virtualbox to play with security software. But, as much as I love Linux distributions they're not without their problems like I said above. I do think Linux in general will become a bit more popular, a lot of people here the word Linux and think they need to be a geek when in fact Linux Mint is just as easy to use as Windows and a lot easier to maintain. As you'll be aware when you update a linux distro all the software is updated as well as the OS itself. That is a HUGE plus in my eyes.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Emsisoft and F secure in my opinion...
But F secure gets my vote...since it's more advanced and sophiscated..
Cons :- Inability to delete the detected files.
Prone to Fp's ( Web Shield)
No Roll Back / Disinfect capability
Pros : Excellent all round automated Protection
Responsive BB...and very light
Impressive 5 Engine Tech

Reactions: MeltdownEnemy

MeltdownEnemy

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 25, 2018
if you are a businessman who has a place with careless employees, so, you can use GDATA on every seat, it protects you 98%, but if the antivirus is for own use at home, then you can use eset, because I don't think you're so dumb to take all kinds of viruses to test in your host machine.. eset for me has a 95% detection rate .

Spock

Mar 8, 2018
Hello all! I am new to the MT group.Long time reader but new poster.I am posting this here as it is the most relevevant for the question I have.

I was recently infected with the Android/Ransom.SLocker malware and had to remove my last 3 or so downloads and then use Malwarebytes Security for Android to remove it. Kaspersky Mobile Internet Security real time protection did not prevent this nor did it detect and remove it during scanning. It was most likely embedded with a program I had earlier installed. My question is:Should Kaspersky have detected this? Thank you

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
For the God sake do not install Bitdefender sorry Bugdefender and you are right, slow web surfing.

Plus my vote goes to ESET, but if you are a fun of bitdefender engine go for G Data or Emsisoft.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

G Data.

F-Secure I don't recommend. We've had a few events now where malware readily sneaked past F-Secure and tested that same threat with other products which were snagged. If F-Secure was alone on my sons box he'd be infected, but he had OSArmor along with it and that protected him.

G Data you get 2 engines, a much improved BB, quality firewall and it's as light as a feather.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.