In-depth Comparison

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Hello and we are back for our Triennial Antivirus suite of the Year polls. :) Here are the previous winners in this category

2017 - Kaspersky Internet Security
2014 - ESET Internet Security

This thread will be useful to get the best of recommendations that money can buy. Try to limit your recommendations to paid products unless a free suite is as good.

To make these nominations/results more constructive for the end-user, please mention the Pros & Cons for each antivirus suite in their respective sections. Please state what you found good and bad in each antivirus suites to help other users.

WINNER DECISION: 2 Phases

NOMINATE: Max 2 Paid Products (AV/IS/TS)
NOMINATION PHASE: 17th Nov - 23rd Nov

FINAL POLL: 5 Products (most nominated)
POLL PHASE: 24th Nov - 30th Nov

WINNER DECLARATION: 1st Dec

CURRENT NOMINATION STANDINGS (votes) - Till @ there may be more votes
Note: If I can't edit this post anymore, please check for my following posts for latest standings

------------------------------------------------------------------

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Nominations accepted only till tomorrow for your Antivirus Suite of 2020 :)

CURRENT NOMINATION STANDINGS (votes) - Till @Pat MacKnife there may be more votes.......
Note: If I can't edit this post anymore, please check for my following posts for latest standings

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaspersky (16)
F-Secure (9)
Bitdefender (6)
Emsisoft (2)
ESET (2)
Malwarebytes (2)
Avast (1)
AVG (1)
McAfee (1)

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I will nominate:

1. Kaspersky Internet Security - for being probably the most complete suite, combining light protection, a great behaviour blocker (System Watcher), Application Control which can be configured as default deny , and several great tools as "Ransomware remediation" which rollbacks ransomware action, Private Browsing which basically hides you from trackers online, and many more.

2. BitDefender Total Security - which basically should be awarded the Revelation Award since the complete turnover their devs did with the product. In 2020/2021 version you can find an extremely light antivirus (even lighter than ESET for me), a very very sophisticated behaviour blocker, a secure folder module with whitelist for specific programs, and a top tier web protection. I will repeat what I have been saying for a while now: Whenever BitDefender implements an Application Control module, it will be my top tier antivirus and probably gain much more users off Kaspersky. The only thing that's keeping me away from installing it is the fact that I need to pair it up with an antiexe, since there's no way I'm trusting my security to a blacklisting-type of software.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
FINAL NOMINATION STANDINGS (votes) -
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Kaspersky (22)
F-Secure (14)
Bitdefender (11)
ESET (6)
Emsisoft (4)
Malwarebytes (2)
Avast (1)
AVG (1)
McAfee (1)
Norton (1)
Webroot (1)

Nominated products that are going to the Poll Phase are Kaspersky, F-Secure, Bitdefender, ESET and Emsisoft.

============= Nominations are now closed, please vote for your product at Antivirus Suite of the Year 2020 ==============

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.