Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
* I see 5 third-party requests Today ( that I've blocked with my add-on, to speeding up the browser):
cdn.materialdesignicons.com (since yesterday...)
fonts.googleapis.com (NEW since Today April 5, 2018...)
www{.}googletagmanager.com
secure.gravatar.com
ajax.googleapis.com
Hey,
cdn.materialdesignicons.com (since yesterday...) - We use these icons for styling purposes, they're basically like FontAwesome
fonts.googleapis.com (NEW since Today April 5, 2018...) - Google Fonts, almost all sites use them (we always used the Roboto web font)
www{.}googletagmanager.com - Google Analytics, almost all sites use it
secure.gravatar.com - old setting from Xenforo 1 (which imported avatars), I've removed it.
ajax.googleapis.com - Jquery, almost all sites use it
With the update, now I can't find the option to view unread watched threads.

I miss the Recent Threads button.
It was very convenient for me.I could catch up all latest threads when i wasn't in the forum for a few days
I'll also add a "Latest Threads" button.

Quick question, what do you think if we sent you a mail once a week (if you opt-in) with the latest top threads (lets say 3 per category) in our community, so that you may be up-to-date. Would this be useful?

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Found on the web:

Test a website's performance with these 6 online test services:

webpagetest.org/: WebPagetest - Website Performance and Optimization Test
Run a free website speed test from multiple locations around the globe using real browsers (IE and Chrome) and at real consumer connection speeds. You can run simple tests or perform advanced testing including multi-step transactions, video capture, content blocking and much more. Your results will provide rich diagnostic information including resource loading waterfall charts, Page Speed optimization checks and suggestions for improvements.

gtmetrix.com/: GTmetrix | Website Speed and Performance Optimization
Analyze your site’s speed and make it faster.
GTmetrix gives you insight on how well your site loads and provides actionable recommendations on how to optimize it.

developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/: PageSpeed Insights
Make your web pages fast on all devices.

tools.pingdom.com/: Pingdom Tools
Pingdom Website Speed Test
Enter a URL to test the load time of that page, analyze it and find bottlenecks.

websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/: Web Page Analyzer - free website optimization tool website speed test check website performance report from web site optimization
Web Page Analyzer - 0.98 - from Website Optimization
Free Website Performance Tool and Web Page Speed Analysis
Try our free web site speed test to improve website performance. Enter a URL below to calculate page size, composition, and download time. The script calculates the size of individual elements and sums up each type of web page component. Based on these page characteristics the script then offers advice on how to improve page load time.

dotcom-tools.com/website-speed-test.aspx: Website Speed Test | Check Web Performance » Dotcom-Tools
Instantly test your website speed in real browsers from 25 locations worldwide.
I always do these test speed however in a forum you can't optimize it as an article page, people post images from other sites, there are a lot of features which need to load javascript in the header and so on. For me the most important part is the real world experience, if I feel that is fast & you guys say it's fast, then those test don't mean much.
The server is packed with caching software and optimized for performance, and we've added Cloudflare for extra performance and protection, so we take a lot of measures to keep things fast, however once I'll finish all these time consuming post migration tasks, I'll do again all the tests. Thanks )

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Also this software now comes with an easy to use Filter system, maybe you can find there more specific filters for your needs.
1.jpg

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I miss the Recent Threads button.
It was very convenient for me.I could catch up all latest threads when i wasn't in the forum for a few days
Ok, so I've moved and renamed a few things, now we hava a "What's New" button (which should be on all pages). This button will take you to a page where you can find 1. the 20 latest posts, 2. the 20 latest threads, 3. the last 10 profile posts. All have a "View More" button which will lead to a page with even more results.
1.jpg

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi

Any infos for a Beta info when i post a new Thread for a new Beta Version available see the old Theme Design for that

With best Regards
Mops21

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Please consider being careful about "recent posts". I'm not sure if I am the only one, but I use that very frequently. I go to home page, then click 'recent posts' to see what's going on around the forums. Otherwise, everything looks great!

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Why, in "New Posts", we do not see the avatars of those who posted, please? (the avatars of those who posted, we see only under Sidebar/Latest Posts (but click on this link is directed to "New Posts" so we don't see avatars of posters)....

Reactions: upnorth

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
OK.:

Why, in "New Posts" PAGE, we do not see the avatars of those who posted NEW POSTS, please? (the avatars of those who posted NEW POSTS, we see only under Sidebar/Latest Posts (but click on this link "Latest Posts" is directed to "New Posts" so we don't see avatars of posters of New Posts, but the avatars of the creators of threads)....

So I would like to have the "Latest Posts" full page, with the avatars of those who posted these new posts, and some quote from these posts, if possible...Jack...Please...

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, you want instead of the Topic starter on the Left side see the Avatar/Profile Picture of every " New " poster?

"So I would like to have the "Latest Posts" full page, with the avatars of those who posted these new posts, and some quote from these posts, if possible...Jack...Please... "

And too:

I would like too to have the "Latest Threads" full page, with the avatars of those who posted these threads, and some quote from the first posts, if possible...Jack...Please...

Like before, with ancient software - it was already perfect.
Now I feel a bit cut off from events on the website - I rely on these Sidebar sections which are already quite good: Latest Posts (3 positions only...) and Latest Threads (3 positions only ...).
It would be nice to increase the number of positions to 6 each one, and put them at the beginning of Sidebar- so put the "Currently Online" back down. Can I dream?

Last edited:
Reactions: roger_m and upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.