frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
In my different Chrome forks (Slimjet, Cent, Iron) - many problems:

"Like content: Are you sure you want to like this content? CONFIRM"

In POST REPLY rectangle, no possibility to post message, cause lack of Post button...
- and no possibility to write (not present this little vertical blinking bar)

- then could you change the location of the "Font size" button to the left, next to "Remove formatting" button, please?
I was getting

"Like content: Are you sure you want to like this content? CONFIRM"

In Firefox Beta but from today I am not getting it anymore. :)

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Bold option in editor works here. Will though keep an eye on it as noted a few odd things with the editor as reported.

The " Like content : Are you sure you want to like this content? CONFIRM " I never seen before. Great catch! (y)

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I don't know what, but something is wrong with the forum, at least in my case on mobile device (using latest Chrome on Android). Every time I open notifications and open each link in new tab; the first tab gets zoomed in and the rest of them is pretty much on the bottom of the page instead on new post or new profile message.

@Jack is this forum using beta version of XenForo or it's the latest stable?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The MWT 2018 V2 theme does look nice in the header but it could be improved IMO. What's missing is the actual Search window as of now it's just an icon. Move the text more to the left side and it's more then possible to add the window.

If I compere MWT 2018 V2 with MalwareTips Midnight 2018 I personal prefere Midnight 2018 but that's mostly because I like dark themes/skins. In Midnight 2018s header one could do the same and move the Main text to the same height as the other text and then simply move down the search window between the text " Blogs " and the profile picture.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Greetings. this happens to me in Slimjet and I can not Write. It does not happen in Firefox or Chrome. Does this happen to someone else with Slimjet?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 302

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Greetings. this happens to me in Slimjet and I can not Write. It does not happen in Firefox or Chrome. Does this happen to someone else with Slimjet?
1.jpg
I cannot reproduce this, are you using any extra extensions or custom settings (for the browser or adblocker)?
I don't know what, but something is wrong with the forum, at least in my case on mobile device (using latest Chrome on Android). Every time I open notifications and open each link in new tab; the first tab gets zoomed in and the rest of them is pretty much on the bottom of the page instead on new post or new profile message.

@Jack is this forum using beta version of XenForo or it's the latest stable?
We're using the latest stable version.
I'm on Android 7.1 with Chrome and never had this issue, I've tried to open the notifications in a new tab, but everything worked as expected. You didn't change any Chrome settings right? You could try to reset the cache & the site preferences.
- at the moment you click on Like button...under posts
It's strange, but I also got that warning (FFQ 59.0.2 x64), I think it was yesterday, but only once, can't remember with which post :unsure:
I've never seen this before, but after some research, I found that this happens when users click the Like control before the page has finished loading and the JavaScript has fully initialized. Our hosting company had some issues yesterday (packet loss), so most likely this was the cause.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The MWT 2018 V2 theme does look nice in the header but it could be improved IMO. What's missing is the actual Search window as of now it's just an icon. Move the text more to the left side and it's more then possible to add the window.

If I compere MWT 2018 V2 with MalwareTips Midnight 2018 I personal prefere Midnight 2018 but that's mostly because I like dark themes/skins. In Midnight 2018s header one could do the same and move the Main text to the same height as the other text and then simply move down the search window between the text " Blogs " and the profile picture.
Thank you for the feedback. The search icon when clicked expands to the full size of the header.
12.jpg

With a header that contains everything, it's very hard to make everything fit and we do have to take into account different screen sizes.
1234.jpg

This is the very first try, so I expect we will refine the header more in the days to come.

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
We're using the latest stable version.
I'm on Android 7.1 with Chrome and never had this issue, I've tried to open the notifications in a new tab, but everything worked as expected. You didn't change any Chrome settings right? You could try to reset the cache & the site preferences.
I didn't change any settings in Chrome. I've cleared the cache so I'll see if it works when I get some notifications. Thanks! :)

Hmm, I opened the first notification and it took me to the bottom of the page and after a second, I was on my post. The second notification just took me on the bottom of the page. I'll try to disable Adguard, maybe it has something to do with this.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
It also happens to me in Slimjet. When I give to I like I have to confirm.
Thanks @bribon77, it's exactly my problems on Chrome forks only, I've described in my post #220.
- On Chrome forks: Cent and Iron - "Post Reply" and "Edit Post" window is broken, not possible to write - not possible.
But with Slimjet no more this problem of Post Reply window NOW...

In Cent - link to "Are you sure...CONFIRM": https://malwaretips.com/posts/725829/like
In Iron - "Are you sure...CONFIRM" link: https://malwaretips.com/posts/148227/like

In Iron - "Reply to thread" link: https://malwaretips.com/threads/new-stunning-web-pictures-gallery.15969/reply?quote=725402 is not good in Iron, but is good on Firefox, this link from Iron.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The search icon when clicked expands to the full size of the header.
View attachment 185795

And if one click twice you getting access to deeper search options. Works smooth and a bit the same as before and I like it and would be even better if one could click outside the search window to return to the icon. As of now one have to click on the X in the far left.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Thanks @bribon77, it's exactly my problems on Chrome forks only, I've described in my post #220.
- On Chrome forks: Cent and Iron - "Post Reply" and "Edit Post" window is broken, not possible to write - not possible.
But with Slimjet no more this problem of Post Reply window NOW...

In Cent - link to "Are you sure...CONFIRM": https://malwaretips.com/posts/725829/like
In Iron - "Are you sure...CONFIRM" link: https://malwaretips.com/posts/148227/like

In Iron - "Reply to thread" link: https://malwaretips.com/threads/new-stunning-web-pictures-gallery.15969/reply?quote=725402 is not good in Iron, but is good on Firefox, this link from Iron.
I cannot reproduce any of these issues. I've installed both browsers, however both work as they should... Are you guys running any extension that might block these elements?
1.jpg345.jpg

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks for bringing the app forum links back to the front page. I wasnt' seeing them with the last version. Like the sidebar. The changes have really come together over the last week, so thanks to @Jack and to anyone else who may have helped. Must have been alot of work to get it all together and looking this way...although I am noticing now that I can't see the smilies when posting at the bottom of a full page LOL. Easy way around that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.