Status
Not open for further replies.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I cannot reproduce any of these issues. I've installed both browsers, however both work as they should... Are you guys running any extension that might block these elements?
View attachment 185831View attachment 185832
@Jack. I've disabled all the extensions and it's still the same. I can not write and ask for confirmation for a. I like ... I will continue investigating.
Screenshot_2.png

The only convincing reason is that I'm using Windows XP. because the other PC I think has passed to a better life.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
In inspect (from right-click), on Iron version 49.0.2600.0 , I see in green:
"<!--[if lt IE 9]><div class="blockMessage blockMessage&#45;&#45;important blockMessage&#45;&#45;iconic">You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.<br />You should upgrade or use an <a href="Chrome for Desktop" target="_blank">alternative browser</a>.</div><![endif]-->"

<form action="/threads/planned-software-upgrade-feedback.81369/add-reply" method="post" class="block js-quickReply" data-xf-init="attachment-manager quick-reply ajax-submit draft" data-draft-url="/threads/planned-software-upgrade-feedback.81369/draft" data-draft-autosave="60" data-message-container=".js-replyNewMessageContainer" data-preview-url="/threads/planned-software-upgrade-feedback.81369/reply-preview?quick_reply=1">
... ...

- in div.message.message.quickReply.block and div.block - body and div.block - container...
I see too--> : : after in red, it's div.message - cell.message - cell - - main : : after 0px x 0px

In "Content-Aware Ad Blocker" extension, on Iron, I see content flagged in red (so blocked): https://malwaretips.com/js/xf/notice.min.js?_v=fefa26ba - but no change if I unblock this fefa notice, so: no possibility to write, ATTACH FILES and POST REPLY links only.

- what you would like to see?

PS. Thank you for B bold - it is OK now, works! bolding the highlighted text. In Firefox ESR 52.7.3.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
i dont know how to explain, when making a post, and i put a new image inbetween items(text, pics) it will jump down too much.

Not sure I seen that specific but I have noted a few times that the cursor ended up a line or two down where it shouldn't and along with some other previously odd behavior I have no doubt that the Editor has a few bugs/glitches. I'm pretty sure similar things is or have been reported on XenForos support forum.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I don't have problems on Firefox (ESR) and Firefox forks (Nightly/Basilisk). Too no problems on Slimjet.

- problems only on some Chrome forks: Iron, Cent, Opera 36: in Post Reply container: no possibility to write, ATTACH FILES and POST REPLY links only.
And Like and Unlike prompts to confirm.
Unlike on Iron link: https://malwaretips.com/posts/725772/like - yes if you're not Prorootect, you doesn't see the CONFIRM page, ...:)

Bolding doesn't work on Firefox ESR now.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
FOUND!

I've found the source of "no possible to write in post reply container" problem! And EDIT post - no content problem! And "like/unlike CONFIRM" page problem!

It's ScriptSafe extension.

If disabled ScriptSafe - I don't have this problems, instantly, on Iron...

And Bolding on Iron works now!
- I've posted this post from Iron...(y)

PS. Bolding text doesn't work now...

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
FOUND!

I've found the source of "no possible to write in post reply container" problem! And EDIT post - no content problem!

It's ScriptSafe extension.

If disabled ScriptSafe - I don't have this problem, instantly, on Iron...

And Bolding on Iron works now!
- I've posted this post from Iron...(y)

PS. Bolding text doesn't work now...
Nice find, it seems to have worked for me also. Cheers for that solution. (y)

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
I can see that the background color of the midnight theme has changed, I think it's not fitting at all, was that change intended?
Clearing last 24h cache didn't help, I can still see the same from phone as well.

Attachments

• mtbg.jpg
    mtbg.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 352

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yes: Jack said first:
"I cannot reproduce any of these issues. I've installed both browsers, however both work as they should... Are you guys running any extension that might block these elements?"

So listen to our Jack, please, he has the big ability to premonition!

So with my magic wand, all problems are gone (in Iron and Slimjet).
I am glad about this, and now the question arises: why with previous forum software had not these problems, and with new forum software they appeared?
(- and bolding doesn't work in Chromium forks...).

The situation here now is mixed:

Iron and Slimjet are working good (with ScriptSafe disabled).
(...I've tried to change the settings in ScriptSafe, but no results, so disabled it for now...)

But Cent (version 1.8.9.28 (portable)) - don't work, all these problems persist, yet I tried quite a bit: disabled all extensions (like @bribon77), first ScriptSafe and other script blockers, restarted the page every time, cleared browsing data, changed many settings in Cent Settings...but no results: always this same problems, sadly.
So I haven't found, for the moment, the cause of the problems with new MT forum software in Cent browser...but I want to search again...

Posted this reply in Iron...

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I like the new header much more then the previous but I also agree with @mekelek and @Prorootect that the MT icon/inscription is a bit unsharpe/fuzzy. The text itself should perhaps be bigger but I'll give the cache tips a go and see what happens.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Svia2TZq_o.png

IMO that's a bit unsharp/fuzzy if compered to the other text. Tested with the same result in Opera, Firefox and IE latest versions.

Reactions: Marko :) and Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.