Planned software upgrade - Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
On Microsoft Edge for me, the "MalwareTips" text and the slogan for the logo is white and therefore more or less invisible since the navigation menu background-color is also light.

To have the background color black, use "MalwareTips Midnight 2018" style in Style Chooser: Style chooser

- and too, like me, Dark Mode extension/add-on : Dark Mode :: MyBrowserAddon - Available for Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers on all operating systems.
I've chosed Dark mode #3 (sharp dark) in Options...
This add-on is particularly useful on MT: it remove the (non-essential...) colored highlighted rectangles around "Off Topic"(bright yellow/orange!...), Malware Samples, Facebook and other labels in front of topic links - these inscriptions become pretty blue, without highlighting rectangles around.

- it's not only me which use dark theme (24/7) - look at this tweet:
Bad Packets Report @bad_packets 16h16 hours ago
Night mode used by Bad Packets Report.jpg
Night mode used by Bad Packets Report.jpg
"I recommend enabling this 24/7."
"I recommend using this everywhere. "

Yes you're on Edge, chose then another darkening extension for Edge...

Last edited:
Reactions: bribon77
D

Deleted member 65228

To have the background color black, use "MalwareTips Midnight 2018" style in Style Chooser: Style chooser

- and too, like me, Dark Mode extension/add-on : Dark Mode :: MyBrowserAddon - Available for Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers on all operating systems.
I've chosed Dark mode #3 (sharp dark) in Options...
This add-on is particularly useful on MT: it remove the (non-essential...) colored highlighted rectangles around "Off Topic"(bright yellow/orange!...), Malware Samples, Facebook and other labels in front of topic links - these inscriptions become pretty blue, without highlighting rectangles around.

- it's not only me which use dark theme (24/7) - look at this tweet:
Bad Packets Report @bad_packets 16h16 hours ago
View attachment 186228 Night mode used by Bad Packets Report.jpg
"I recommend enabling this 24/7."
"I recommend using this everywhere. "

Yes youi're on Edge, chose then another darkening extension for Edge...
Sorry but I don't know what you're talking about. I like the light theme and am not going to switch just to read some logo text, it doesn't matter to me either way. I was just mentioning the problem I noticed on Edge in case it was a bug which needs to be fixed.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@Jack this new color scheme for "MalwareTips Midnight 2018" is sublime! VERY nice, never seen beauty!

Most nice is light orange, and luminance which comes alternately from black parts, that shines misteriously...
- never changes this, stay like this, please! What a feast for the eyes!
Luminous colours similar to the colours of this magnificent bird looking at you!
Magnificent bird! Most beautiful photos in the world_o 838x1280.jpg

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Previously before the upgrade it was dead easy to trace Threads or Posts through the profile but now I tested several options in the profile and even with the main search option on the top bar in the header I can't seam to opt out/choose Threads specific as I always get posts aswell. Tips or clues?

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Does this forum offer saving feature?

It's awesome feature that's sometimes very handy. Like, if I saw an interesting posts/thread, but I don't have time to read it, so I could easily find it and read it later. I saw some forums with that option. :)

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Jack, one suggestion. On main Whats new page,
RS1ypLt.jpg

Rather than view more, why not have pages numbers like this

DVjqyf5.jpg

Another suggestion. On mobile, there is no sidebar because the screen is small. So you don't have "Whats new" option when you read some thread, you have to go to main page again. Can you add "Whats new" option somewhere outside sidebar for mobile? Maybe somewhere around "New Posts"

1jah9iQ.jpg

Thanks.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Started getting this again today in Slimjet.

Afz00iD.png
I got that one yesterday in Firefox. It happened when my internet was slow for a while yesterday. When internet was back to normal again, it didn't happen. Not using scriptsafe or noscript.
So far its not a problem but its funny asking "Are you sure you wanna like this comment?" I have seen in another xenforo forum too, don't remember which one. Not sure why xenforo devs implement something like that. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.