Planned software upgrade - Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
If avatars could be slightly bigger, please... thanks in advance @Jack
This green point of forum presence is of much better visibility now, because it's further away from avatar.

- Avatar has 26 mm diameter, so small, undersized...square shape would be welcome

Could you create the links to zooming the website (or zooming natively to 110%), please?

Last edited:

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
The logo obviously isn't text. I think it will look worse the higher resolution you have, you can try that by zooming in/out.
It's not important anyways, I mean, i don't sit staring at the logo so it isn't worth any more effort.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The logo obviously isn't text. I think it will look worse the higher resolution you have, you can try that by zooming in/out.

Ofcourse it's an image but that could also be edited. Make the font size bigger and not just the image itself. In a zoom factor of 200% that image is actually cristal clear but then everything is too big.

Last edited:

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Ofcourse it's an image but that could also be edited. Make the font size bigger and not just the image itself. In a zoom factor of 200% that image is actually cristal clear but then everything is too big.
It is already in a high resolution, see: https://malwaretips.com/styles/MalwareTips-Logo.png
1523470653412.png

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
If avatars could be slightly bigger, please... thanks in advance @Jack
This green point of forum presence is of much better visibility now, because it's further away from avatar.

- Avatar has 26 mm diameter, so small, undersized...square shape would be welcome
I agree, I find the square avatar much better, just as it was the theme MalwareTips 6102. Another thing I miss is the colors in the badges.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
But why logo is .png, not .jpg? Maybe this is also reason to lack of sharpness.
.png are significantly heavier than.jpg (for this same size in pixels)
And sidebar experience...I choke, suffocate with this sidebar...I feel cramped, overcrowded - but if I remove it, it's like fresh air, the countryside
- my thoughts

I agree, I find the square avatar much better, just as it was the theme MalwareTips 6102. Another thing I miss is the colors in the badges.

Yes @Faybert!
What badges, and what colors are you talking about? ah maybe genre Facebook - blue, Off-Topic - yellow...fortunately they have rounded corners, but no 3D, and too light for my taste...

Last edited:

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
But why logo is .png, not .jpg? Maybe this is also reason to lack of sharpness.
.png are significantly heavier than.jpg (for this same size in pixels)
And sidebar experience...I choke, suffocate with this sidebar...I feel cramped, overcrowded - but if I remove it, it's like fresh air, the countryside
- my thoughts

Yes @Faybert!
What badges, and what colors are you talking about? ah maybe genre Facebook - blue, Off-Topic - yellow...fortunately they have rounded corners, but no 3D, and too light for my taste...
No, I mean the badges of AV-Tester, Content Creator and etc.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Yesterday, logo (png picture with 1 frame) had 60.4 KB file size, today after change it has 41.0 KB - but if you change file type to jpg, this logo could have 12 KB (or less) file size easily...
Yes today logo is not blurry, much better...

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
FOUND (bis)!

Yes, I've found the source of problems in ScriptSafe!

I had (in Iron) setting of Canvas Fingerprint Protection: Completely Block Readout. Without whitelisting malwaretips.com.

Now, I've whitelisted malwaretips.com domain, in ScriptSafe' this Canvas Fingerprint Protection option, and I've no more problems on the MT website (for write and posting), with ScriptSafe running.

So Completely Block Readout option - and whitelist domain with problems.

Now posting from Iron with ScriptSafe running, could write and post. But Bolding and Underline (with ScriptSafe running, if disabled ScriptSafe - Underline works) doesn't works for now, like all other buttons in Post Reply window oh uh...

see you soon

Edit:
Yes @Jack, it's better that you are putting the 3 icons higher, at the top right!
Higher, Better, Further, Faster, More

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Can you check it now? It should look ok.
No. Same thing and I tested again in Opera, Firefox and IE latest version. Cache clean and that didn't help. Then again it's also other things that looks unsharpe/fuzzy like the edges around profile picture in the top right corner that I reported about previously.

Reactions: Marko :)

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Can you check it now? It should look ok.
Yes it has improved a bit for me too, not something I complain about that either way because it looked OK before as well (at least for my eyes) ;)

No. Same thing and I tested again in Opera, Firefox and IE latest version. Cache clean and that didn't help.
Maybe it has something to do with your browsers rendering or a screen resolution? You may try Chrome and see if it gets any better?

Also try to zoom in at something like 110-125%. I personally like using the forum in 110% zoom because of a lot unused side spaces due to wide screen.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
...and in Iron, Sidebar doesn't commute, it's in position On, then my website space has diminished, is very narrow with this Sidebar to the right.
Edit: it's Jack, cause Sidebar commute now ...

EDIT (works):
- all this posted from Iron...
Looks good to me.jpg

Looks good to me.jpg

- but Cent (so Chromium fork too) - doesn't looks good to me...
cause nothing is good (with ScriptSafe and MT whitelisted or without ScriptSafe...hmmm):
Edit Post - no message, no write function...: https://malwaretips.com/posts/726295/edit
Like content works no more: "Are you sure... CONFIRM." : https://malwaretips.com/posts/726302/like
and Unlike content - this same: https://malwaretips.com/posts/726391/like
Post Reply window: no possibility to write, 2 buttons only: Attach Files and Post Reply - nothing more in the window so no icons on the top of Post Reply window.
With All my extensions that are sleeping, on Disabled.

--->ScriptSafe says (in all my browsers): (MT home page link with slash at the right, after link): Invalid Domain Name! uh
- but without this slash at the right - is OK.

is OK.
is OK.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Maybe it has something to do with your browsers rendering or a screen resolution? You may try Chrome and see if it gets any better?

Also try to zoom in at something like 110-125%. I personally like using the forum in 110% zoom because of a lot unused side spaces due to wide screen.

Strongly doubtful that this is a browser rendering issue or even a screen resolution issue in my case as all the other images/pictures/videos etc on the forum is cristal clear and the logo never been odd before but it happened after the upgrade. The logo dosen't get sharp IMO until I reach a zoom factor on 150% and above. 110-125% is still way too large on everything else and sure I'm old but I'm not that old. :giggle:
Ygi9mU10_o.png

As I don't have Chrome and don't want it I did what I usally do if I want to cross check. Use a Online service and there's plenty out there like Browserstack, Browserling etc. Here's my report :

gacJYEOM_o.png
2qbSjRdv_o.png

Close and sure I can live with it but it's still a bit unsharpe/fuzzy IMO especially in Opera.
7YOazeUx_o.png

@Jack have you checked with the Safari browser in general? I got some very bad results from that but couldn't cross check it for example on Browserstack as there service never fully started for me.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@upnorth - could you forbid google fonts (cause I see that you have these)? All your text in your browser is too bold cause google fonts, it's not sharp like here...and zoom browser to 110% improve visibility...
- in ScriptSafe or ContentBlockHelper, Domain Whitelist (- these two are for Chrome) etc and in 3PRB and ScriptSafe - for Firefox, you have this possibility.
Domain Whitelist (Chrome extension): Domain Whitelist
- you can download portable chrome forks, like me...e.g. slimjet, iron
Then could you post about your fonts or blurry MT logo after stopping google fonts, please?

Problem of sharpness of the logo - is that it's .png picture. (I've wroted about in the Post #268 above, already).
Converting logo to jpg is the solution I think...is this possible?
..and increase the size of the logo picture...

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
FOUND (3rd)!

Yes I've found the source of problems in my Cent!

No more bad "Edit Post" window, POST THREAD window, REPLY, no more CONFIRM for like and unlike...so no more problems at all!

Recipe:
In Cent browser Settings/Under the hood/Privacy - unnotch "Disable HTML5 canvas fingerprinting" feature - AND RESTART BROWSER.

Yes, I had this feature notched, then in my tries to find the solution to the MT problems, I never made restarting browser, because this was not mentioned by Cent...only marked that notching this is "[NOT RECOMMENDED]"...their fault, they have to fix this, to mention this!

Of course it was me who notched this before, in excessive zele to have max privacy...default case is unnotched!

Posted from Cent...(y)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

On Microsoft Edge for me, the "MalwareTips" text and the slogan for the logo is white and therefore more or less invisible since the navigation menu background-color is also light.

Reactions: Marko :)
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.