Status
Not open for further replies.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The orginal posters/topic creators Avatars where it is now on the left side and also the latest repliers name ( text ) on the right side and one simply click on the timestamp and your transferred to the correct post I personal don't see it would be necessary to change as it's sufficient enough IMO also because the filter option works as intended. Having a constant switch on Avatars I suspect would rather confuse.

The sidebar idea I 100% agree with.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
The orginal posters/topic creators Avatars where it is now on the left side and also the latest repliers name ( text ) on the right side and one simply click on the timestamp and your transferred to the correct post I personal don't see it would be necessary to change as it's sufficient enough IMO also because the filter option works as intended. Having a constant switch on Avatars I suspect would rather confuse.

The sidebar idea I 100% agree with.
Thank you upnorth, but it's the solution "In the meantime..."
Little reminder (page 8, Post #142):

"- constructive criticism quote:
... "Recent Posts" and "Latest Threads" (6 positions each, de preference) are indispensable at the top of sections and pages, always present - like before...if not, we are cut from events on the website... this does not encourage answers."

Reactions: upnorth

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
"Recent Posts" and "Latest Threads" (6 positions each, de preference) are indispensable at the top of sections and pages, always present - like before...if not, we are cut from events on the website... this does not encourage answers."
Recent Posts and Latest Threads are already very much at the top and present on the mainpage as seen in the screenshot.
4Cq6Mqnv_o.png

Extend those to 6 rows would be too much IMO. Better then to simply include/insert the url to those sections in the text " Recent Posts " and " Latest Threads ".

This statistic window fits fine on the mainpage but not on every other page and section. That's where the Sidebar comes in place with " Latest Posts " and " Latest Threads ". That could be extended.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I've found an bug (or two bugs).

Symptoms: long page loading sometimes, and some images disappearing problem.

In Nightly (Firefox 55 fork), at the bottom of the page this inscription: "Transferring data from malwaretips.com..." up to 1 minute sometimes: load times e.g. 43.56 s, 41.63 s, 43.13, 40.34 etc etc. 3rd party requests are not blocked.
- Some images are not displayed (but if I click on the location of the image, it appears...) - maybe conflict with "Dark Mode" add-on?...maybe not, it reveal true bug?...I think.

"Dark Mode" add-on link: Dark Mode (WebExtension) – Add-ons for Firefox
... and Chrome extension: Dark Mode

If I switch on OFF the "Dark Mode" add-on, missing images are displayed. Then I switch on ON the "Dark Mode" add-on, some (the same) images disappear. I switch on OFF - all images are there. etc etc

You can see this behavior e.g. on the CATS topic, page 2: CATS True Stories
Problem are with these images: Henry and Baloo 4.jpg, ...6.jpg, 7.jpg - on Nightly browser...

On the original website - no problems: This Cat And Dog Love Travelling Together, And Their Pictures Are Absolutely Epic

On Firefox ESR 52.7.3 more pictures disappear: ...4.jpg, ...6.jpg, ...7.jpg, ...8.jpg, ...9.jpg.

On Slimjet (Chromium fork) more pictures disappear: ...3.jpg to ...9.jpg.

On Cent (Chrome fork), Iron (Chrome fork), and Opera 36 (Chrome fork) - is OK. with pictures, none disappearing if "Dark Mode" extension is on ON.
Load time on Cent (examples): 9.82 s, 5.85 s, 46.4 s, 5.05, 4.61, 61.4, 4.38, 7.07 ....

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Another possible " Bug or glitch " found in the editor. Happened atleast 3 times now the last two days.

When I post a reply anywhere and then want to add some extra lines I use the " Edit " button and when I click " Save " the added lines of text disappears. Not tested in another browser then Opera or in another theme/skin.

abdou17

Level 2
Verified
May 3, 2013
I'm visiting the forum everyday with FFQ and no freezing at all :)
Same here no problems with Firefox Beta or Developer both work well at MT. ;)
i don't know what was causing those randomly freezes
but it happened on 3 different systems and only in Firefox

Hey @abdou17,
How often is this happening?
Is this happening only on the homepage or on all the forums pages?
it happens randomly but only when i login to my account
no freeze if i surf the forums as a guest

Ok, I've made a few changes, can you please try again and let me know if you're still experiencing this issue.
It's working now
1 hour and no freezing, thanks

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
i don't know what was causing those randomly freezes
but it happened on 3 different systems and only in Firefox
It was a fancy javascript effect that we were using when you clicked a button or link. Looked good, however if it was causing issues then is not worth it.
It's working now
1 hour and no freezing, thanks
Great! Let me know if you experience any other similar issues.
Hmm it looks like that mean posts right? if so it should change to Posts :D
Yes, those are Posts. : P
Good change, much better now, @Jack (y)
View attachment 185680
I'm glad that you liked the change. : D

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
In my different Chrome forks (Slimjet, Cent, Iron) - some problems:

"Like content: Are you sure you want to like this content? CONFIRM"

In POST REPLY rectangle, no possibility to post message, cause lack of POST REPLY button...(in Slimjet, Iron)
- and no possibility to write (not present this little vertical blinking bar)

- then could you change the location of the "Font size" button to the left, next to "Remove formatting" button, please?
- B bold doesn't work

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.