Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Rf8Ao9pH_o.png
Thanks for that I now have one. Cheers. (y)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
@Jack Respect to you!
So Jack is working now for you and me...thank you very much Jack for your work on improvements!

- we appreciate that.

.."Bold" is not working now... "Font size" button OK.
...sometimes it was missing "POST REPLY" button...
..."the bell icon for alerts is unmovable with the mouse, it's necessary to click... we attend sure
"Most Posts (30 Days)" - not interesting, ressource hog, I think..says nothing constructive so it's useless I think, sorry...
...and why 3rd party new connection : cdn.materialdesignicons.com (to forbid, 4th one...)
"Latest Threads" link on MT Forums home page is surrounded by white rectangle, on dark mode...not pleasant, why not dark?..
The avatars are surrounded, this decreases their surface area, unfortunately... could we have larger, maybe square, avatars?..

- constructive criticism quote:
... "Recent Posts" and "Latest Threads" (6 positions each, de preference) are indispensable at the top of sections and pages, always present - like before...if not, we are cut from events on the website... this does not encourage answers.

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Url tends to end up far away from the text " Source " when using the built-in Source option on new threads ( Not the one in the editor ). Looks a bit odd IMO.
4iuk43ft_o.png

I miss similar threads.

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
@Jack UI looks very slick but the scaling is bad on 720p screens and more optimised for 1080p, QHD and UHD resolutions.
Every icon is very crisp and looks/feels modern.
Like @upnorth said, I miss similar threads suggestion. Maybe integrating it to sidebar for easy navigation on phone/web browser might help.

P

plat1098

Nice to see new entries happening in real time. Apologies if I missed these already but a few observations using Edge browser/either theme:

1. Getting the arrow with a white or blue background which is kind of irritating and partially blocks the headings. If I drag out and make the page "fat," the arrow goes away; also, the webpage contents lag behind (I understand the width was expanded to 1330px already). Can this arrow be gotten rid of--the webpage is otherwise too wide--?

mtdark.PNG

2. My specs and details for PC and security configurations are missing. :cry:

3. Are the various sub-forums arranged in order of most-read? For example, can Software sub-forum exchange places with Giveaways and Promotions? No?

Nice changes but didn't realize there were so many issues coming up afterward. Big job.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Nice to see new entries happening in real time. Apologies if I missed these already but a few observations using Edge browser/either theme:

1. Getting the arrow with a white or blue background which is kind of irritating and partially blocks the headings. If I drag out and make the page "fat," the arrow goes away; also, the webpage contents lag behind (I understand the width was expanded to 1330px already). Can this arrow be gotten rid of--the webpage is otherwise too wide--?

View attachment 184950
2. My specs and details for PC and security configurations are missing. :cry:

3. Are the various sub-forums arranged in order of most-read? For example, can Software sub-forum exchange places with Giveaways and Promotions? No?

Nice changes but didn't realize there were so many issues coming up afterward. Big job.
1. I've now increased the width to 1330px in the dark theme. Also I've changed the color and width of that arrow box, so it should fit better in the design. Is it ok on your device?
2345.jpg

2. I'm working on this today, there were some issues when we tried to import those fields, however I hope today this will be solved.

3. Sure, they can be changed. We've put first the Giveaways forum because a lot of people search for this section, however we can make a swap.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
That's a bug in the latest stable Chrome version, it was reported and fixed in the next builds. If you try any other browser it should work fine.

Sir i'm so sorry i'm using Opera browser let me use FF see what happens ..

Edit: it works fine for FF & Chrome browser, i choose Opera because of faster my internet speed sucks thats why..

Last edited:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
@Jack, just a little problem, I am updating my account details because of my new config, but when I go to paste my config link:

SECURE: COMPLETE - Tim one's security setup 2018

I get error: "please enter a value that matches the required format" so I cant save the changes with the link.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but the link seems correct to me.

Thank you :)

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack, just a little problem, I am updating my account details because of my new config, but when I go to paste my config link:

SECURE: COMPLETE - Tim one's security setup 2018

I get error: "please enter a value that matches the required format" so I cant save the changes with the link.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but the link seems correct to me.

Thank you :)
Hey Tim,
What fields are you trying to edit?

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Hey Tim,
What fields are you trying to edit?
Unfortunately I am with the phone now and it is a problem post a screen shot but I'm editing the fields of my account with the details of my configuration.
In the field where I'm going to copy the link of my config, I get this error even if the link seems correct.
It is "full security configuration" field

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Unfortunately I am with the phone now and it is a problem post a screen shot but I'm editing the fields of my account with the details of my configuration.
In the field where I'm going to copy the link of my config, I get this error even if the link seems correct.
It is "full security configuration" field
Ok, you should be able to edit the field now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.