Status
Not open for further replies.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Can you try it on a different browser to check if it is only an issue on your primary one? Make sure the other browser you test it on relies on a different browser engine internally (e.g. Chromium, WebKit, Gecko, etc.).
It's the same in Edge. It's strange because I use no web filtering software, just ad blockers in Cent (Chrome based) and Edge, which are not blocking anything from MalwareTips.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Would be great if Security related threads (like as Malware HUB ones, Malware Alerts,...) could get a red badge as previous?
.. all badges are blue and therefore hard to distinguish.
I know, I might be to picky :D
For Malware Hub / Analysis:

Malware Analysis
1522844062864.png

Malware Samples
1522844155394.png

Malware Pack
1522844172428.png

Special Samples
1522844119658.png

For the AV Testers:

1522844264598.png

D

Deleted member 65228

It's the same in Edge. It's strange because I use no web filtering software, just ad blockers in Cent (Chrome based) and Edge, which are not blocking anything from MalwareTips.
Have you tried actually disabling the ad-blocker? Even if it claims to not be blocking anything from MalwareTips, it could be a good idea to disable it temporarily to test say on case... Since you have them on both browsers and both browsers are incorrectly working with the notifications.

D

Deleted member 65228

@Opcode I just disabled Adblock Plus, to see if that will help.
I'm going to go through some of your previous posts and put a Like on them to give you a few test notifications. Close the MalwareTips window and re-check in exactly 2 minutes to see if the red alert circles are on the notification icons. :)

Edit:
Done.

Hopefully when you re-check in a few minutes there will be the red circles with the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.