• 1 Stars (Poor)

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have never used Rollback RX Pro.

Votes: 59 50.0%

• Total voters

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
Be sure to save your important files somewhere, RX is a savior but if it get angry it kills everything lol.

Im a long time user of it, saved me many times but also killed me twice :D

I tried it a couple of years ago on my old Win7 machine, found it unstable and caused me BSOD too many times, as I recall not just at system boot. :mad:

As other users in this thread have documented, it is not without its problems. Seems to me you need to be very confident with your IT skills to safely use it. I am not that confident, which is why I installed it in the first place. It caused me too many headaches in my normal working routine, so it was uninstalled after a couple of months.
(n) (n)(n)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I tried it a couple of years ago on my old Win7 machine, found it unstable and caused me BSOD too many times, as I recall not just at system boot. :mad:
yes i know what you meant ;)

Seems to me you need to be very confident with your IT skills to safely use it. I am not that confident, which is why I installed it in the first place. It caused me too many headaches in my normal working routine, so it was uninstalled after a couple of months.
You pointed the right keywords: "very confident on your IT skills" (and on your backup strategy) then you can play with RX and you will love it. If not...it is like giving a Formula 1 to a newly licensed driver ^^

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I have used Rollback for many years and think it is really excellent software. Yes it has gone wrong in the past, but hardly ever. And its helped me out of difficult situations far more than it has hindered me. Well worth using in my opinion.

If I had another license, I would definitely install it on my other Windows laptop.

I cant recommend it enough.

Last edited:

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Is it possible to use rollback pro and install it only on the main c drive on a multi boot computer.The other os is win 7 and I rarely use it ,just need to protect main c drive any problems with that? Thks

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Is it possible to use rollback pro and install it only on the main c drive on a multi boot computer.The other os is win 7 and I rarely use it ,just need to protect main c drive any problems with that? Thks
Normally it is possible, they ask it during the install process.

Reactions: blueblackwow65

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
How good is Rollback at protecting its backups from getting encrypted or damaged by malware? Is it a reliable way to recover from a malware attack?

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It has proven very reliable during testing.
So people should be protecting their systems with Rollback, instead of with Shadow Defender. If you want to keep your changes, you do. And if you don't, you just roll back. By default it makes a backup every day when you reboot, so you can't go wrong.

On second thought, I guess people like Shadow Defender because they are looking to start with a new slate at every reboot, sort of like emptying the sandbox with Sandboxie. Okay, each to his own.

Thread author
So people should be protecting their systems with Rollback, instead of with Shadow Defender. If you want to keep your changes, you do. And if you don't, you just roll back. By default it makes a backup every day when you reboot, so you can't go wrong.

On second thought, I guess people like Shadow Defender because they are looking to start with a new slate at every reboot, sort of like emptying the sandbox with Sandboxie. Okay, each to his own.

RBRx is much more flexible and reliable in my experience. Shadow Defender can resent some registry settings to default - which is a very long standing known issue.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I should have done my research before installing Rollback RX Pro.
As mentioned in the this thread seems that the software has some problems with dual boot systems.
I am planning to reinstall it but first i want to find the time to make some questions to their support
so i can avoid problems next time.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't have dual boot, but a couple times it happened to me that after restoring to a previous snapshot, there were disk errors and I had trouble booting into desktop, and MS Office lost its activation.

Maxwell Sien

Level 2
Verified
Nov 15, 2016
Ini my System, Rollback RX often show a bug. Rbx often fail to boot and can't uninstall it (no response from rbx boot menu).

When I try to access my drive with live CD, my system Drive require to be format first, before I can Access it.

So, it ruin my system Drive. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

Actually it is not related to Rollback Rx. It's because my Hard Disk has many Bad Sector. I already Replace it with the new one adn work fine.

Sorry for blaming Rollback Rx about this.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
RBRx is much more flexible and reliable in my experience. Shadow Defender can resent some registry settings to default - which is a very long standing known issue.
OK perhaps...but such issue was so seldom...I saw it maybe few times in 7 years of using SD...that I could say that Rollbax (Eaz-fix or Ayrecovery also...actually they are the same apps...could cause much more issues that can totaly damage the system or even disk. So I tried RRx but never trusted as good recovery methode.
The result - voted "never used".

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
Tried it once, when Comodo stopped offering their free Rolback rip-off version. Comodo version was buggy with everyone else, but stable at my Desktop. Rollback had reasonable reviews, but was unstable at my Desktop. So rated it one star.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

As other users in this thread have documented, it is not without its problems. Seems to me you need to be very confident with your IT skills to safely use it. I am not that confident, which is why I installed it in the first place. It caused me too many headaches in my normal working routine, so it was uninstalled after a couple of months.
(n) (n)(n)
You are right. This old thread covers some of the issues

RollBack Rx & Shadow Defender

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Does it still have any issue with SSD TRIM without the need to uninstall Rollback Rx? I thought that froggie guy at Wilders says it has problems?

:rolleyes:
now in the latest versions, you don't have to uninstall it, you have to turn-off the protection of RX, reboot, TRIM the SSD, and re-enable the protection; however you will loose snapshots.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.