SecureAPlus Freemium - Updates

ysl706

Level 1
Verified
Sep 24, 2013
I have installed SecureAPlus, I removed the AV started testing, I want to ask, it is legitimate to use the whitelist to determine whether or not?

Reactions: Ulikedat

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
Hi guys, an important announcement to Windows 8 users. If you wish to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, it is highly recommended to uninstall SecureAPlus first. After the Windows OS update is completed, you can reinstall SecureAPlus again.

If you need further clarification, please feel free to ask :)

Cheers,
sinlam

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
ysl706 said:
I have installed SecureAPlus, I removed the AV started testing, I want to ask, it is legitimate to use the whitelist to determine whether or not?

Hi ysl706,

SecureAPlus comes with application whitelisting component and antivirus component. Application whitelisting protects your computer from new, stealthy and unknown malware, whereas antivirus protects your computer from known malware.

The installation of SecureAPlus antivirus component is optional. You can use SecureAPlus jointly with other antivirus software in the market to provide an added layer of defense against new and unknown malware that cannot be detected by the antivirus software.

SecureAPlus application whitelisting component (without the antivirus) allows only trusted program to run on your computer. Any program that is not found in the trusted list, SecureAPlus will either prompt the user whether to trust the program (if you choose the Interactive Mode) or automatically block the program from running on your computer (if you choose the Lockdown Mode). If SecureAPlus is in the Interactive Mode and it prompts you about trusting a program which you did not run it intentionally, than there is a possibility that this program contains a malware.

If you want to identify the malware found in a file or verify whether a software is legitimate, you will need an antivirus software.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you need further clarification.

Cheers,
sinlam

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
Hi Guys,

Here's a demo on how SecureAPlus provides a better protection against new strain of ransomware.

Cheers,
sinlam

taleblou

Level 1
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
Hi:

How is secureaplus on windows 8.1 pro with WMC? Is working as it should problem free? I want to install it but am careful. I already have sandboxie, eset and toolwiz time freeze installed.

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
Hi:

How is secureaplus on windows 8.1 pro with WMC? Is working as it should problem free? I want to install it but am careful. I already have sandboxie, eset and toolwiz time freeze installed.

Hi taleblou, is WMC Windows Media Center? If yes, we will test it and let you know the outcome.

Cheers,
sinlam

taleblou

Level 1
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
Hi taleblou, is WMC Windows Media Center? If yes, we will test it and let you know the outcome.

Cheers,
sinlam

Hi:

Yes its windows media centre edition.

By the way secureaplus site is down or servers are down? Went there and got page nolonger exist???

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
The link does not work. Does not make it look good for your product.

Sorry Dark Knight and everyone here, the data center that host SecureAPlus web server is closed for maintenance. Everything will be back to normal after 24 hours. You can then download SecureAPlus after that. SecureAge main website is not affected because it is hosted in another data center.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused. I should have informed you guys earlier. My sincere apology for my oversight.

- sinlam

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
Hi Guys, SecureAPlus web server is finally up and running. You can start to download SecureAPlus now. Please feel free to let me know if you encounter any download problem.

Cheers,
sinlam

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
Hi guys

The latest release of SecureAPlus Version 2.0.21 is now available.

Here are the changes in this version:

1. The software update issue for SecureAPlus with No Antivirus version has been resolved.
2. Some of SecureAPlus' GUI problems for Windows 8.1 has been fixed.
3. Optimizing SecureAPlus for VMWare.
4. Comodo Dragon Browser (dragon.exe) is added to the list of restricted applications.
5. Besides whitelist database, other settings like "Trusted Certificates" and "Trusted accounts" are also saved in the exported whitelist.
6. More speed options are added to the whitelisting process: Slow, Normal and Fast.
7. SecureAPlus Installation Guide and User Guide are updated.

You can view the latest changelog or download SecureAPlus at https://secureaplus.secureage.com/Main/release.php.

Please feel free to give me any feedback.
wink.gif

Cheers,
sinlam

Last edited:

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
i just installed this,, it seems running smoothly..low resource usage.on win 8.
Hi kalegana, good to know that. Please feel free to give us any suggestion or feedback. Hope you can join our upcoming beta program.

Cheers,
sinlam

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Why would i use this when windows has the same whitelisting function built in?

The parental control function of windows allows users to whitelist the applications on their computer and block anything else that tries to run.
Im sorry but i dont see anything different in this program.

You seem a pleasant person sinlam and please forgive me as im not trying to come down on your product by any means but if i dont say it then somebody else along the line will.

Happy xmas.

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
Why would i use this when windows has the same whitelisting function built in?

The parental control function of windows allows users to whitelist the applications on their computer and block anything else that tries to run.
Im sorry but i dont see anything different in this program.

You seem a pleasant person sinlam and please forgive me as im not trying to come down on your product by any means but if i dont say it then somebody else along the line will.

Happy xmas.

Hi Amiga500, no worries :) I am glad you have asked this question. In fact, this question regarding the difference between Windows whitelisting (AppLocker) and SecureAPlus in another forum, http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2272730&highlight=applocker#post2272730.

SecureAPlus whitelisting may work more or less the same but SecureAPlus does much more for the hash rules.
Both may have some similarities but they are used for different purpose. AppLocker is used to restrict the files that users or groups are allowed to run. The key goal of SecureAPlus, on the other hand, is to prevent unknown malware from running.

Happy holiday :)

- sinlam

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
Hi Guys,

We have started the first SecureAPlus Beta Program today - SecureAPlus Beta Preview. In this preview, we will share with beta testers on the new product ideas of SecureAPlus. There will be no testing of SecureAPlus software, only pure ideas and discussion. If you are interested to contribute fantastic ideas on how to make SecureAPlus a better security software, join us now at http://beta.secureaplus.com.

After this, we will conduct two more beta programs:
1. SecureAPlus Beta 1 around January next year. This is for the testing of SecureAPlus alpha version.
2. SecureAPlus Beta 2 around Feb/March next year. This is for the testing of SecureAPlus beta version before its official launch in the market.

During the beta programs, we will hold exciting beta challenges for beta testers to participate. They will earn some bonus points based on the beta challenges' requirements. You can also earn some bonus points if you participate actively in beta forum and online survey. Two beta testers who have earned the highest bonus points at the end of SecureAPlus Beta 2 will stand a chance to win either an iPad Air or iPad Mini.

As usual, we will give one perpetual user license for free if you participate in either SecureAPlus Beta 1 or SecureAPlus Beta 2.

Hope to see you guys at the SecureAPlus Beta Preview.

Cheers,
sinlam

sinlam

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 23, 2013
Hi guys,

The latest release of SecureAPlus Version 2.0.22 is finally here.

In this release, we have fixed the service installation crash in some foreign languages other than English. Those users who are facing this problem may wish to give SecureAPlus another try.

There are also other minor changes:
- Obfuscate quarantined file to prevent it from being detected as virus by any antivirus.
- Suppress antivirus installation warning in Windows XP.
- Register as antivirus at the "Action Center" (or "Security Center" in Windows XP).

You can view the latest release note on the changes at https://secureaplus.secureage.com/Main/release.php.

If you have any feedback or comment, please feel free to post it here.

Cheers,
sinlam

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.