Shmu26's new security config

Discussion in 'SCW Archive' started by shmu26, May 31, 2016.

1. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

To boot, the certificate is invalid because it is expired...

upload_2016-10-6_14-27-18.png

Yash Khan, shmu26 and SHvFl like this.
  2. SHvFl

SHvFl Level 32
    Content Creator Trusted

Nov 19, 2014
    Supermodel for McDonald's
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Click on view certificate. It's saying this.

fdoLmTj.png

@hjlbx
    This thing is not even valid and do they trust all certificate they issue?

Logethica, Yash Khan and shmu26 like this.
  3. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

This is why COMODO Internet Security is really only suitable for advanced dedicated users.

I've spent a lot of time with CIS - and from my experience I can tell you that there is a lot that a user needs to know about CIS before and during its use.

4. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

This is another example of users expecting WYSIWYG when using CIS, but CIS isn't always WYSIWYG:

If COMODO issued a cert to Notably Good Ltd, then you can bet your life that the file is in the COMODO Safe File list (cloud).

The local TVL is not updated in real-time. I have, in my own testing, seen where a vendor was added to the TVL, but it never was added to my local TVL - even after a major update - and after every other CIS user I asked confirmed that the vendor had been added to their local TVL.

LOL...

5. SHvFl

SHvFl Level 32
    Content Creator Trusted

Nov 19, 2014
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Ok i didn't know cloud could do that. Really confusing when multiple list are used. Thanks for the info.

Logethica and Yash Khan like this.
  6. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

Safe File List (cloud) functions independently of the local TVL.

A vendor does not need to be on the TVL for the file itself to be rated as Trusted by COMODO.

@shmu26 can submit Affixa installer to CAMAS, Valkyrie, submit file via CIS File Reputation for file lookup, etc to verify.

He thinks COMODO is not functioning properly to protect his system, but I can assure you that it is working as designed\intended.

Yash Khan and SHvFl like this.
  7. yigido

yigido Guest

There are 2 TVL if I am not wrong. 1 in cloud, 1 in local (in your CIS or CCAV)
    and huge safe files list on the cloud...if you are offline, you are one-on-one with local TVL in your CIS.

8. SHvFl

SHvFl Level 32
    Content Creator Trusted

Nov 19, 2014
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Ok this Cloud list basically helps give you less alerts then when online from what i understand from @yigido and you.

9. yigido

yigido Guest

Yes but after some time. You have a file database in your CIS.
    You are using your PC and files and one by one those files added to safe list into CIS's file database in your PC.
    After some usage period, you do not need cloud safe list every time. Because you CIS knew that the file is safe in cloud.

10. SHvFl

SHvFl Level 32
    Content Creator Trusted

Nov 19, 2014
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Yeah i get that. I was just not aware that the 2 vendor list didn't match that's why i was surprised. Anw you guys figured it out so we can all sleep well tonight. Thanks guys.

11. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    but I disabled cloud, and cut down my TVL to really small. and I did not trust COMODO.

Logethica and Yash Khan like this.
  12. yigido

yigido Guest

So why you are using Comodo?

Yash Khan and shmu26 like this.
  13. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    you are asking the right question...
    It's a great product, but I know that they are too liberal in granting certificates.
    I think I will stay away from COMODO now. I thought I knew "everything" but there is still a lot to learn...

14. yigido

yigido Guest

It sounds a bit weird to me.
    See
    COMODO - Creating Trust Online
    :D

Yash Khan likes this.
  15. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

#95 hjlbx, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2016
    You have to also disable "Trust digitally signed files..." but then COMODO is not going to trust any Microsoft or OEM digitally signed files that are not already on the local safe list - when those files are loaded into active memory; they will be auto-sandboxed.

16. yigido

yigido Guest

This is the face of Comodo which none likes. :rolleyes:

17. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

@yigido - how many times have you and I seen this ? Another case of a user not knowing everything they need to know about CIS - and, in the end, they arrive at the conclusion that CIS doesn't work properly because of unexpected behaviors.

It's a big problem...

18. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

You can manually whitelist the entire C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86) and C:\Windows directories. It takes about an hour. It will prevent the auto-sandbox, but everytime Windows or a soft updates, then you have to re-whitelist the directories.

19. yigido

yigido Guest

They are tooooo many my friend!
    [​IMG]

20. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

Apologies @shmu26 - we hijacked this most recent part of your config thread and turned it into a COMODO thread.

Sr. Normal 2.0, shmu26 and askmark like this.