Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Check logs as mentioned above. Forza Horizon 5 has/had incompatibility with several AV vendors. I know for sure that Avast and Bitdefender has fixed their incompatibility, but don't know about the rest. Could be related to other factors as well.Is it possible that Forza Horizon 5 steam version crashing due to using this software?
These lure sites, in turn, attempted to deceive users into downloading a Windows installer. When downloaded, the malicious Microsoft installer (.msi) files would in turn execute a decoy install program, while at the same time launching a PowerShell script that installed the malware.
Is it possible that Forza Horizon 5 steam version crashing due to using this software?

I can still install apps from web pages as you can see in the screenshots. I don't know if having the option to restrict this should install them. I am testing it with the Brave browser.SWH ver. 1.0.1.1 (beta 3)
Installer:
https://github.com/AndyFul/Hard_Configurator/raw/master/Simple Windows Hardening/SWH_1011_Beta3.exe
Updated manual:
https://github.com/AndyFul/Hard_Con... Windows Hardening/SWH_1011_Beta - Manual.pdf
Added the option <AppInstaller> to restrict the installation of UWP apps via the web browser or downloaded packages:
.msix, .appx, .msibundle, .appxbundle




That is because it is executed in the context of Brave. I think that Brave can do similar things as Edge.I can't uninstall it either because it doesn't appear in the edge or add and remove programs list. I had to open the file location and remove it manually.
You only lose the benefit of Smartscreen in your browser. There is Windows system-wide Smartscreen too, and SWH is still very useful.I do not use Edge. I uninstalled it from my PC. Is SWH still useful to run on my system?
Run By Smartscreen' is a very simple idea to safely open/run the new files via the option on the Explorer right-click context menu. 'Run By Smartscreen' can mark files with MOTW, so they are treated as downloaded from the Internet. This forces the SmartScreen check before running the executable with MOTW. Furthermore, the popular documents marked with MOTW will be opened in 'Protected View', if the document application has such ability (like MS Office 2010+ and Adobe Acrobat Reader 10+). Many file types with unsafe extensions (over 250 extensions) will be blocked when 'Run By Smartscreen' to minimize the chances of infection.
See GitHub - AndyFul/Run-By-Smartscreen to find out more info.This technology is only halfway adopted in Windows. SmartScreen for Explorer can check executables with "Mark of the Web", which is attached to files after downloading from the Internet by popular Web Browsers, Windows Store or Windows OneDrive. There are many cases when files do not have "Mark of the Web", and then SmartScreen Filter simply ignores them on the run (see REMARKS).
Might be due to the fact that it's a malware analysis platform and that it also includes malicious samples that can be downloaded. The site itself is safe.View attachment 264286 Tried to visit that page and got this.![]()
@Andy Ful From post #381 <Normally, SWH depends on SmartScreen and AV to fight EXE files.>
Question: I do not use Edge. I uninstalled it from my PC. Is SWH still useful to run on my system?

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes