By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Have you tried our web app (PWA)?

I have finished all the tweaks for the "also reading" block. Max 4 avatars will be shown and all the other members will be shown in a count. Let me know if you like it, if not I can remove it.

View attachment 278354
Not a fan. It should just display the number of members and visiters (non members) reading a thread without any avatars.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yeah, I mean as a latecomer to a thread, I feel like i"m hanging out to dry so to speak. Right now is a good example. It's like I'm on display or something. I dunno..will this discourage many from signing in more often?

I guess if the consensus is to keep this feature, I suppose one can get used to it after a while. Hmmm.:unsure:

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
Yeah, I mean as a latecomer to a thread, I feel like i"m hanging out to dry so to speak. Right now is a good example. It's like I'm on display or something. I dunno..will this discourage many from signing in more often?

I guess if the consensus is to keep this feature, I suppose one can get used to it after a while. Hmmm.:unsure:
Wait until the right moment with right people present :p Like the old BBM days. Seeing people read and type or ignore. LOL

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I have finished all the tweaks for the "also reading" block. Max 4 avatars will be shown and all the other members will be shown in a count. Let me know if you like it, if not I can remove it.
Not a fan. It should just display the number of members and visiters (non members) reading a thread without any avatars.
Probably too invasive. If someone wants to know who's watching what, they can find out the on the "home" or "new posts" page, by hovering over the icon of someone under "Members online"->"People you follow". I'm giving this change the official @oldschool (n)(n)

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017

Your privacy settings are set so you won't be seen when a member hovers over your avatar now so you will not be seen in this feature.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Probably too invasive. If someone wants to know who's watching what, they can find out the on the "home" or "new posts" page, by hovering over the icon of someone under "Members online"->"People you follow". I'm giving this change the official @oldschool (n)(n)
Your settings are set so that members can see where you are when hovering over your avatar so you will show up in this feature.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Your settings are set so that members can see where you are when hovering over your avatar so you will show up in this feature.
I know I can change the setting, but this is more invasive because users don't have to take any action. The way it's been requires users to be members & concsiously choose to hover over my avatar.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
OK, well now I'm really out there. lol!

hang out to dry.PNG
The only thing checked in my Privacy settings is "show your last read date of conversation messages." Do the two un-named ones mean two are reading this without being signed in ?

Oh well, not such a big deal. Going with the flow here. The forum is def. more speedy, hopefully this was an intended result. (y)

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Whatever happens regarding if we can see whose reading a thread really doesn't matter to me. As long as it's not showing my S.S. number, I'm fine with it :)
This is the one that I hope stays 😊

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Last night from my trusty win10_VM I tried to login to MT and got a totally different screen, said something about cloudflare & verification captcha. Unclear where this was coming from, MT, ISP, VPN...??? :unsure::unsure::unsure: Just me. Later in the evening I was seeing some internet issues here, and also seeing some today, more so with virtual machines. Very odd. contacted "a friend"

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I was reading about MT privacy the other day, and decided to disable show when I'm online etc, and when I checked my settings this evening I see they were somehow re-enabled? so I disabled again, refreshed the main page and it still shows me. Do I have to log out and back in to disappear from main screen?

• Hundred Points
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I was reading about MT privacy the other day, and decided to disable show when I'm online etc, and when I checked my settings this evening I see they were somehow re-enabled? so I disabled again, refreshed the main page and it still shows me. Do I have to log out and back in to disappear from main screen?
Your settings for Show online status and Show current activity are disabled.

Remember to hit Save before exiting your accounts settings and preferences pages.

save.png

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Your settings for Show online status and Show current activity are disabled.

Remember to hit Save before exiting your accounts settings and preferences pages.

View attachment 278415
thanks Ink, but I'm confused or need more coffee. I'm 99% sure I did hit save. And you say my "show online status" and "show current activity" are disabled. Does that those are not working or those settings are truly disabled versus enabled. Unclear since on the forum mainpage it shows that I am online, but how so if that feature IS disabled...:unsure: perhaps I am confused, bewitched or just bewildered :rolleyes:

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
thanks Ink, but I'm confused or need more coffee. I'm 99% sure I did hit save. And you say my "show online status" and "show current activity" are disabled. Does that those are not working or those settings are truly disabled versus enabled. Unclear since on the forum mainpage it shows that I am online, but how so if that feature IS disabled...:unsure: perhaps I am confused, bewitched or just bewildered :rolleyes:
I checked your account settings and you have hidden your online status and current activity. You will see yourself as online from the homepage, but regular members will not. (Admins can see hidden members).

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
This is absolutely not a needed suggestion, but is along the same line as I believe @MuzzMelbourne mentioned in a thread, or here, the ability to have a "scratch your head in wonder" icon (at least I think that's what it was). In this case, an Optimistic icon. But again, there is no way I'm asking for it to clutter up the icon bar, but it came to mind when I saw a post this morning :)

opti.jpg

Cheers :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.