By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
My OCDC is driving me crazy 🤯:rolleyes:: The current tag for this thread Depreciated - WiseVector Free AI Driven Security is "Depreciated" and should be "Deprecated" or "Abandonware".
All hail to @oldschool for FINALLY bringing this up. 🥳 I could not achieve this myself, yea nigh on 9 months now. Oh and there's another thread with the word "depreciated" on it--in the snip.

Seriously, thanks, oldschool. It's like a little gnat zinging in your ear sometimes, right?

depreciated.PNG

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
every once in a while, like today, after checking my Alerts, I go Unread posts to see if I missed something I'm interested in, and today saw Unread posts about DeepInstinct, read them and checked my status in that thread and I am watching it (the displayed option was to unwatch), but I did not get Alerts for these posts. This seems to happen intermittently with various threads. Any idea what causes this? Or how to prevent these omissions? :unsure:

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
We've performed some hardware and software maintenance that required the forums to be closed. Everything should work now, it should even be a little faster. :p
Yes, it disconnected from my MT account, at first I was scared, because I had never experienced this, I had several tabs open here on MT and they all became inaccessible, I think it took about 40-60 seconds then it came back, when it returned I had to log back into my account, I even thought what did I do wrong? lol :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I've monitored the new server setup and it works great. No errors or issues. The server seems more responsive and should be an improvement. We're now using an AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU with 64GB RAM and 1TB SSD NVMe.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
If in Account Settings, Privacy, one has "Show your online status" and "Show your current activity" disabled, shouldn't that user not be hidden from that new "Also reading" thingy as well?
If so, that doesn't work correctly, as it shows user Spiff.
Yes, your avatar will not show up if you have those settings disabled. :)

Jonny Quest

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Spying feature hehe
On a forum I visit for the work I do, it does have the ultimate spying feature. If you hover your mouse over a member who is logged in (main page) you can see what they're browsing. I actually use that often during the week as it sometimes reminds me of threads I had forgotten about, and want to review again.

2023-08-31_14-36-54.jpg

cartaphilus

Level 5
Mar 17, 2023
Hey @cartaphilus
Looking into what is going on. Thanks for the report.
Well now it works. Weird. It didn't work for a while. I am attempting to look at the logs but now I can't reproduce it. Did the site finally discovered that I am not a human?! But a golden retriever masquerading as a human?! On the internet no one knows that you are a dog!
7xnf2t.jpg

The site is ran on a quantum computer. It changes it behavior when it's being watched!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.