By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Old URL: https://malwaretips.com/threads/statcounter-edge-remains-third-as-safari-reaches-new-heights.124207/
The part "/statcounter" was blocked by EasyPrivacy
New URL: https://malwaretips.com/threads/from-statcounter-edge-remains-third-as-safari-reaches-new-heights.124207/
Part "from-" added by changing the title from "Statcounter: Edge remains third as Safari reaches new heights" to "From Statcounter: Edge remains third as Safari reaches new heights".
Ah i see man thanks for the reply.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I was wondering if the main page, and then succeeding sub-forum post pages could be lined up a bit better? We've got all these different fonts, big, small, and each line is not aligned with the other.

mt lineup.PNG

The items in the green box--can they be re-sized to be more in conjunction with the items directly above them? Just an idea to make the forum main page more cohesive. 😇

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
There is a problem for sub-forums VPN and DNS when i make a new thread or post it but not show up in homepage as "New Posts'' nor ''New threads'' but also show up in ''Forum Activity''

Screenshot's here like this
sl5a1S3.png

Also please check other sub-forums settings it must be missed

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There is a problem for sub-forums VPN and DNS when i make a new thread or post it but not show up in homepage as "New Posts'' nor ''New threads'' but also show up in ''Forum Activity''

sl5a1S3.png

Are you able to view new posts/topics appear under What’s New?

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

sl5a1S3.png

Should be fixed.
Odd, I've sent two messages and they didn't arrive at the addressee.
Isn't messaging working?
It should work. Try sending me a PM please.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Question: I went to Gibson research GRC fingerprinting webpage and entered MT website: malwaretips.com and grc says the certificate fingerprint sha1 is
malwaretips.com sni.cloudflaressl.com E5:63:17:24:38:88:A3:4E:55:3E:21:DD:23:00:B4:87:1C:CF:8F:2F
but when I use Edge on the MT main page it is F8 BA 0B B8 4D 51 1A C3 E4 0B 6C 9C E1 FF E1 70 DF 04 AC 9D
they do not match, has this "service" at GRC gone obsolete, ie, is no longer a valid test, or what would explain the non-match. :unsure:
I could be years behind the security times about this...:unsure::unsure: I've noticed this on some other websites too...
PS the fingerprint notation :DD (colon cap D cap D) saves as an emoji, duh!

ShenguiTurmi

Level 3
Well-known
Feb 28, 2023
Question: I went to Gibson research GRC fingerprinting webpage and entered MT website: malwaretips.com and grc says the certificate fingerprint sha1 is
malwaretips.com sni.cloudflaressl.com E5:63:17:24:38:88:A3:4E:55:3E:21:DD:23:00:B4:87:1C:CF:8F:2F
but when I use Edge on the MT main page it is F8 BA 0B B8 4D 51 1A C3 E4 0B 6C 9C E1 FF E1 70 DF 04 AC 9D
they do not match, has this "service" at GRC gone obsolete, ie, is no longer a valid test, or what would explain the non-match. :unsure:
I could be years behind the security times about this...:unsure::unsure: I've noticed this on some other websites too...
PS the fingerprint notation :DD (colon cap D cap D) saves as an emoji, duh!
QQ截图20230809202038.jpg

This should be a problem caused by the cloudflare CDN. cloudflare now issues 5 SSLs (2xLE-E1 2xLE-R3 1xGTS) at the same time when renewing SSL.
I can't say for sure under what circumstances they use a particular SSL certificate, but clearly the problem is there.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Feedback from ImmuniWeb scan MT score B+. I have no idea how to evaluate this test, but ImmuniWeb gave both pcloud storage and icedrive a "C" while my primary email server did get an "A". I was looking at this to see if it matched up with domain certificate fingerprint mentioned above. Also, ImmuniWeb says: "It appears that your system is blocking software fingerprinting attempts" and it wanted to whitelist some IP, which I did not do, so MT's "B+" might be invalid? But glad some anti-fingerprinting is working on my end.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

In security profile it is possible to choose for third-party firewall, but there is no optional text field to mention which third-part firewall members are using. With the revival of Comodo, people might want to tell about their FW tweaks also. A text field is also usefull for people who are using Windows default FW and have added outbound sponsor blocking using FirewallHardening app. So an optional text field beneath FW choice has several use cases.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
In security profile it is possible to choose for third-party firewall, but there is no optional text field to mention which third-part firewall members are using. With the revival of Comodo, people might want to tell about their FW tweaks also. A text field is also usefull for people who are using Windows default FW and have added outbound sponsor blocking using FirewallHardening app. So an optional text field beneath FW choice has several use cases.
2023-08-19_08-34-41.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hi, probably not the right section of the forum but it's a little question.

When you create a new thread, what's the difference between choose discussion or question?
Thank you very much

A thread formatted as a Question (not to be confused with the Question prefix) allows users to Upvote on replies, and lets the thread author to 'Mark as Solution’ on a reply that helps solve the query or issue.

Question-formatted threads are mainly useful for finding a solution to a problem.

upvote.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.