By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

Spiff

Level 1
Jul 20, 2023
However, I cannot find how to create a link that simply looks like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower
But clickable, as the above is not, as I used PLAIN to create that.
How can I create such link?

I found another way to do so, by using: URL unfurl="false"

[URL unfurl="false"]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower[/URL]
-->
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Am I shadow banned or something? It has been two days since I posted a thread in Members Chat. I am just wondering why the thread has not been approved yet. Is it against any rules or posted in wrong sub-forum? I just wanted to share my experience with MT members.

The thread was about how my sister got scammed few days ago by a website claiming to deliver cakes by ordering from its website for my nephew's birthday. In-short they took money but never delivered the cake. They refuse to answer in any way, no phone number on website just an email-id. Since then, I have filed a complaint against them with Cyber Crimes dept., just waiting to see how it goes. I don't even care about getting the money back it wasn't that much, only thing I do care about is getting that website down, so no one else get scammed again. I checked their twitter account & apparently every single comment on their post is about getting scammed by them & asking for refund. They have been doing this same scam for more than 2 years.

I reported the website as scam on every web reputation system I could think of eg. safebrowsing, smartscreen, netcraft, bitdefender, etc. So far only 5 (1 says suspicious) of them have classified it as scam/phishing.
1704990016798.png

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Am I shadow banned or something? It has been two days since I posted a thread in Members Chat. I am just wondering why the thread has not been approved yet. Is it against any rules or posted in wrong sub-forum? I just wanted to share my experience with MT members.
I checked the logs, and nope. No weird thing at all other then you have to be careful and avoid share direct clickable links, and extra when it comes to as what you say is a scam site. My own AV even partially flagged it suspicious, so some vendors has it in their cloud services as also the VT result shows.

I'll help and edit the post, and then move it to a better forum section.

Fixed. (y)

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I checked the logs, and nope. No weird thing at all other then you have to be careful and avoid share direct clickable links, and extra when it comes to as what you say is a scam site. My own AV even partially flagged it suspicious, so some vendors has it in their cloud services as also the VT result shows.

I'll help and edit the post, and then move it to a better forum section.

Fixed. (y)
Thanks m8 👍

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Members Chat sub-forum is moderated.

You can see for yourself that Members Chat is free-from bleak discussions.

For those security, privacy and malware topics use the most appropriate, such as:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Members Chat sub-forum is moderated.

You can see for yourself that Members Chat is free-from bleak discussions.

For those security, privacy and malware topics use the most appropriate, such as:
Reason why I initially tried posting in Members chat was because I thought it would be more of an "I had a bad day" type casual chat. I didn't think it would turn into this big of a security discussion.

Usually when threads require mod approval it's approved either in few hours or next day depending on if mods/staff are available or not. I waited for approval, but after two days I thought maybe something is wrong with either my account or website. That's why I posted here.

I am glad mods moved it to appropriate sub-forum, thanks for that.

Edit:Grammar

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
When I try to log in every 30 days, the code I receive by email gives me an error. And every time, I have to use a backup code. I had to use 2 backup codes to be able to log in. I've decided to disable two-step verification.
I had a similar issue with MS Authenticater on Virustotal website. I could login with backup codes but not with the codes provided by Authenticater. After going through 2 backup codes, I decided to disable and re-enable the two-step verification. But after scanning the QR code VT wouldn't accept the codes from Authenticater. Finally decided to enable two-step verification on some other day (still not enabled to this day), as I was very busy that day. It was so weird. And I had totally forgot about it until I read your post.

Last edited:

Brownie2019

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2019
I have the following question for the members of this forum:
If I will publish a new giveaway/freebie,I get always this new error notice: "Please match the requested format. Please enter a value that matches the required format". I don´t know what this notice means! Maybe someone in this forum knows something about this notice and help me to understand it. It would be nice! Thanks!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have the following question for the members of this forum:
If I will publish a new giveaway/freebie,I get always this new error notice: "Please match the requested format. Please enter a value that matches the required format". I don´t know what this notice means! Maybe someone in this forum knows something about this notice and help me to understand it. It would be nice! Thanks!
It should now be fixed.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
When I try to log in every 30 days, the code I receive by email gives me an error. And every time, I have to use a backup code. I had to use 2 backup codes to be able to log in. I've decided to disable two-step verification.
Check the time and date are correctly in-sync for all your devices.

Try re-enabling 2 Step Verification for your account.
Guide: 2-Step Verification

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.