By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
nice job with Jengo's Norton thread in condensing it (not removing information) by enabling Click to Expand. If I ever get to the point of creating a thread that informative, I will have to learn how to enable that feature, unless it's right above me in the options as I'm typing? :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
nice job with Jengo's Norton thread in condensing it (not removing information) by enabling Click to Expand. If I ever get to the point of creating a thread that informative, I will have to learn how to enable that feature, unless it's right above me in the options as I'm typing? :)
Copy and Paste was only a recent addition to the Windows 11 ecosystem. Some say it's an Apple-grade innovation, others don't agree and call it a mutated virus.

Click to Expand applies to quoted content, many forum software have this by default to hide a lot of scrolling when viewing the page.

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
I am in a loop (post are also delayed) from 99 likes back to 30 likes :)

1707332018824.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
And I really didn't think of it until I saw Jengo's thread before it was "cleaned up" by a mod, before and after, compared to the other threads that had the Click to Expand already enabled.
Quoted Boxes are generally used when copy and pasting from external sources. It helps identify what you have written yourself versus what you have not.

Quotes should have been used, but were not. Another problem with Copy and Paste are the rich style formats, where the headline is overly large at the source, or in all caps.

Formatting is the most common reasons for Moderation.

These are easily avoidable should the poster Preview the post, make appropriate changes and then submit.

Unfortunately the Bot cannot at this moment in time.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Quoted Boxes are generally used when copy and pasting from external sources. It helps identify what you have written yourself versus what you have not.

Quotes should have been used, but were not. Another problem with Copy and Paste are the rich style formats, where the headline is overly large at the source, or in all caps.

Formatting is the most common reasons for Moderation.

These are easily avoidable should the poster Preview the post, make appropriate changes and then submit.

Unfortunately the Bot cannot at this moment in time.
Good point about previewing our posts, as sometimes when I do copy and paste from another site, I copy and paste it into Word to have Word's formatting resolve the larger text headers, font, or bold text issues then copy and paste that into a post.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good point about previewing our posts, as sometimes when I do copy and paste from another site, I copy and paste it into Word to have Word's formatting resolve the larger text headers, font, or bold text issues then copy and paste that into a post.
Better off using Notepad, which can remove all styling, hyperlinks, images and odd spacing.

Next to the Preview button, there's also a raw edit mode.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but since it happens on this site?

Just now (And a few times in the past as well.) I noticed that my post count drops? Not tremendously, but I am still curious. Yesterday (Or Friday.) my post count was 780, and now it dropped to 778. Now that is not a lot at all, but combined with the past few times I would like to know why. 2 posts is nothing, but last year there were moments where my post count dropped more than 2 all of a sudden. Is that due to maintenance or something, or should that not happen. Meaning … does the MT staff not remove old posts? (As long as they are within MT Forum guidelines that is.)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.