By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
OK, maybe it is nothing, but I am still curious enough to ask. Since the last time I posted in this thread, (Feb 10.) I have made several new posts. But for some reason my post count just keeps standing on 788? Could perhaps Cloudflare WARP causing this?

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Been having some random - Oops error messages when posting messages on topics.

I found the culprit: uBO EasyPrivacy:
1710358176743.png

The solution was to add a whitelist (below) which seems to have resolved the issue. Might just be me though as it was very intermittent.

! 2024-03-13 MalwareTips Forums
@@||malwaretips.com/cdn-cgi/*$script,1p

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I admit I think Bot is a nice thing to have on MT. As someone said, you can mute him, but I for one like all the knowledge Bot have. It's factual knowledge, and I think it's better he are here than not. Okay there has been a couple of times where it was like Bot was drunk or on drugs, but it's still factual knowledge he delivers. Just my 2 centavos.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I admit I think Bot is a nice thing to have on MT. As someone said, you can mute him, but I for one like all the knowledge Bot have. It's factual knowledge, and I think it's better he are here than not. Okay there has been a couple of times where it was like Bot was drunk or on drugs, but it's still factual knowledge he delivers. Just my 2 centavos.
I think I'll stop ignoring Bot for a while, after I saw this post and reviewed Bots full post:

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@Jack Is there a way to have a reminder or something to update the date of the change when users are editing a security confguration thread, i.e. in the OP? Many or most of the threads I see show old edit/creation dates. Maybe thread posters aren't aware, but it gets my OCDC acting up and just plain bugs me.

Any help on the way, short of individual therapy? ;):D

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I just noticed something, until today my post count had started to go up again (Although I am missing quite a few from before it started to rise!) but just now I noticed that after making a few posts today, my post count is once again not rising!? It is maybe 2 or 3 so far today that are missing, but it is happening once again! And even though it is not the end of the world, it is freaking annoying that it is happening once again!

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
@Morro,
Were those posts in other Community sub-forum threads, perhaps?
I just remembered brambedkar59's earlier reply:

There were definitely posts in that section, so now I know that those will not count. But I think that some posts were in other areas, but those posts (If any.) Where from February and beginning of March I think. So I realize that they no longer will count. (Again, if any.) So I am now simply curious about what could have happened. (But most likely will not know, still. :))

This has got to be the weirdest post I made in the past two weeks or so. :whistle:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
@Jack Congratulations on the new v33 theme (y)
Look good, new and refreshing.
Two observations:
I have to change my username because it is to big to displayed correctly with this new theme?
1713293918223.png

Or can you make those characters a litte smaller?

I am missing the icons for Computer and Mobile Security Configurations.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Thank you for the feedback, everyone. I'll create several more theme and style variations, after which we can choose the final design. For now, I've temporarily disabled V33 while I implement a few minor adjustments. I'll inform you as soon as it's ready for further testing. Thanks once again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.