By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but since it happens on this site?

Just now (And a few times in the past as well.) I noticed that my post count drops? Not tremendously, but I am still curious. Yesterday (Or Friday.) my post count was 780, and now it dropped to 778. Now that is not a lot at all, but combined with the past few times I would like to know why. 2 posts is nothing, but last year there were moments where my post count dropped more than 2 all of a sudden. Is that due to maintenance or something, or should that not happen. Meaning … does the MT staff not remove old posts? (As long as they are within MT Forum guidelines that is.)
I cannot see anything to suggest why your posts might have been removed.

There are a few categories that do not count towards post count, for example, Members Chat and AI subforums. Will review the News Archives settings, which could affect post count.

Other than that, your last removed post dates back to September 23, 2023.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
I cannot see anything to suggest why your posts might have been removed.

There are a few categories that do not count towards post count, for example, Members Chat and AI subforums. Will review the News Archives settings, which could affect post count.

Other than that, your last removed post dates back to September 23, 2023.

Thank you.

R3j3ct

Level 1
May 12, 2023
My issue is only in the past week, when i login and try to click into any topic i get booted, have to clear browser for any browser to act right before i login. I have tested this on firefox,brave before i uninstalled and went to librewolf, but it happens there too. nothing new changed, same browser ext...

Screenshot at 2024-02-15 05-34-09.png

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
My issue is only in the past week, when i login and try to click into any topic i get booted, have to clear browser for any browser to act right before i login. I have tested this on firefox,brave before i uninstalled and went to librewolf, but it happens there too. nothing new changed, same browser ext...

What's TorGuard?

I've had problems in the past with MT when using a VPN where, for some reason, the site is on a blacklist.

If TorGuard is a routing system, or similar, their exit nodes might be a problem.

Just a thought...

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
In theory hum I guess 16 🤔?
Thanks, as I didn't know. One member I thought posted when they first joined here that they were 17, then just recently mentioned 15. I just wasn't sure if there was some sort of age restriction, accountability with then the parents that may be involved in guiding and leading someone in malware research, or of known malware issues that can impact the family dynamic (stress at home).

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Just curious, and sorry @harlan4096 I haven't read the forum rules yet :( :) but is there an age restriction regarding becoming a member here? Should there be, or not be, that this is a site for everyone and anyone who wants to correspond and learn from some of the best of them, here on the forum?
MT terms of use says this
1708446151294.png
Was this added recently? that I don't know 🤔

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.