By Staff Site Issues and Feedback

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
homepage-is-buffering.gif

@Jack the MT homepage like this :D

noway1

Jun 24, 2022
I think the online avatar is increasing CPU use in Firefox (v107 but also previous). I was wondering if we could have a setting for users to hide other user's online status? I can only hide my own I think. If I use uBlock to block the following, CPU use goes down since no animation on page:

! 2022-11-30 MalwareTips Forums
malwaretips.com##.message-avatar--online.message-avatar

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I think the online avatar is increasing CPU use in Firefox (v107 but also previous). I was wondering if we could have a setting for users to hide other user's online status? I can only hide my own I think. If I use uBlock to block the following, CPU use goes down since no animation on page:

! 2022-11-30 MalwareTips Forums
malwaretips.com##.message-avatar--online.message-avatar
Hey @noway1
I've changed the behavior of the online status until I can see what's going on with Firefox. Let me know if it's better.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.