Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
Avast/AVG isn't really even a viable option with all of the questionable business practices and spying, right?
What @Evjl's Rain has said for ages is that avast/avg has better behaviour blocker and sophos bb is below average
Only pros i can think of sophos is just dashboard (web filter) wich allows you to choose wich category of threat is being blocked; aka adult filter combined with threat/fraud/phishing/malware w/e

Personally i would run something like OSA/SH along with either avast or sophos, but after all these privacy issues i would choose sophos + OSA, something to cover the bb / default deny

AVG:S gui is very user friendly, and easier to manage than the dashboard in browser ( sophos) thought

Product wise the sophos is still in 2018 , where avast/avg is @ 2019 already. Sophos should push something new this year atleast

Raiden

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
Product wise the sophos is still in 2018 , where avast/avg is @ 2019 already. Sophos should push something new this year atleast
My guess is that we probably won't see a new major version this year. They just released 2.0 in January of this year, so my guess is that we won't see 3.0 until at least Jan of 2020. They are doing updates every month, mostly bug fixes/performance improvements, etc..., but a major update probably won't happen this year. If anything we may see a beta for 3.0 sometime in the fall like they did with 2.0.

IMHO they made a pretty big leap when it comes to protection and performance when they released 2.0, so it will be exciting to see what 3.0 brings to the table.(y);)

Last edited:

imuade

Level 8
Verified
Create an account & choose free download, or vice-versa. I forget which order it is. I did not want the free trial either because the premium modules still load and run even when you disable them.
I created the account and it showed I have the premium version for 1 month, but there is a button which allows you to give up the trial and move to the free version.
Then, I downloaded the installer and run it, but the process stopped at around 95% and didn't complete...
I tried again, but same result... not sure what wrong...

upnorth

Level 32
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
@imuade You might need to uninstall CAV ( seen in your security config thread ) first if you haven't already, as 2 AV's on the same machine, I personal wouldn't recommend.

Last edited: