App Review Sophos Vs Cylance

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Did you know about Next-Gen solutions?

• Yes

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 62.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
umbra dude !!! did you not read the previous post? they are offering you a free subscription if you dare !!! why have you not taken them up on it?
it is a free one year sub. dude

i dont want a free license, i wont even use it ... everybody don't have time to do a serious deep test to get a license , they want a trial version, to evaluate it and maybe buy it if they are pleased, thing that every decent vendor do.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
because they don't care and don't use AI. Cylance is not even close to be a serious competitor to them.
AV competitors use AI already. How do you think they manage to detect polymorphic malware, and "unknown" malware? It's by AI, not by individual people.

Cylance just markets their AI as "next-generation", meaning that it is claimed to be more advanced than typical antivirus AI.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
pretty obvious that nobody has the guts or time to test Cylance. and so I see no point in following this thread anymore. even CS found a way out of it. that is kind of a coincidence.

Reactions: Logethica

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
at first I thought this might be a good forum but I am thinking not. no different than any other forum. everybody wants to think they know more than everybody else, that is a pee contest as far as I am concerned.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
pretty obvious that nobody has the guts or time to test Cylance. and so I see no point in following this thread anymore. even CS found a way out of it. that is kind of a coincidence.

lol, why don't you do it yourself !
As if people will waste time on testing Cylance while they don't even give trial versions; what the point to do a test when the audience (which may be interested after seeing it) can't even grab a trial version to test it themselves.
Give me 2000$ then i will do a test and even on a real machine ! :D

About @cruelsister , she is in vacation and she seems to work for a company that may be somehow related to Cylance or its customers ,so she needs confirmation she can do it first. She told it since the beginning.

at first I thought this might be a good forum but I am thinking not. no different than any other forum. everybody wants to think they know more than everybody else, that is a pee contest as far as I am concerned.

Funny that you say that AFTER you realize that no one did or want to do the test you want so much... :rolleyes:

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
"Funny that you say that AFTER you realize that no one did or want to do the test you want so much... :rolleyes:"

believe me I am not the only one that wanted to see the test:

maybe I will do the test since I have a paid for version. even though I am retired now I still got a lot of fish to fry. but my old age has made me lazy and looking for happy times as I still try to help developers move their products forward.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014

"Funny that you say that AFTER you realize that no one did or want to do the test you want so much... :rolleyes:"

believe me I am not the only one that wanted to see the test:

maybe I will do the test since I have a paid for version. even though I am retired now I still got a lot of fish to fry. but my old age has made me lazy and looking for happy times as I still try to help developers move their products forward.
Maybe people don't want to test because it will not benefit the community considering the high price for an AV, the limited control and in general the situation surrounding Cylance. You can't blame someone for not wanting to do something on his free time.
If you see this as a warning that we are all over our heads and believe we know it all then cool. Each can have his own opinion it's the internet afterall.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
ok so this test was done by voodooshield and it shows voodooshield first, cylance second and Sophos third.
that is why Dan recommends using both voodooshield and cylance.

which I do plus others . layered security and if it is overkill, so be it.

Reactions: Logethica

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
'Don't Sophos offer pretty much the same enterprise security free of charge for home users? And as Umbra pointed out they now own Surfright. I'd say they're on a very good track. I've watched videos of their home product being tested and it's very good security, the web filter looks fantastic. Now to see what they do with Surfright's technology.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
"Cylance targets enterprises and not consumers"

but you forget MM is for consumers and it is a start up and does not have the money cylance does. we are talking about two different companies here people.

'Well well, you know where the door is right ?"

well well , so that is how you treat people? are you a taker or a giver? I do know where the door is thanks you.
and take a look at the wilders forum thread featured boclean. that is where my heart is. Kevin responded. you think you know everything but my friend you do not. I was a wilders member before there was 1000 members . and yes I do love kevin and nancy , they are awesome people
and kevin is the best coder I have ever known. I wish dan from voodoshield could afford to hire him .I was banned from the site because of moderates fights. my original nick was controler with one L take a look at all my old posts. it shows me a a member since 2002 but I know for a fact I was a member since the 90"s member of the old site in the 90"s on dialup

Last edited:

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
if you keep disrespecting me ghost I will leave with no problem. ask cloneranger, fanj kevin , ect who I am, on wilders, not a newbie

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.