Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Should You Believe the Rumors About Kaspersky Lab?

And from Eugene's personal blog:
Five Years Trudging Through the Evolving Geopolitical Minefield. | Nota Bene: Eugene Kaspersky's Official Blog

V-cnvina

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I expected nothing less from McCrappy. Of course McCrappy is on the 'approved' DoD list so who would trust them anyway? Also when Finfisher came out it was revealed McCrappy contacted them to 'ensure' their product wouldn't intercept it. That was documented on many security sites at the time.

Kaspersky has given us no reason to not trust him. There isn't a shred of evidence of any wrongdoing. Protectionism is fine, sometimes, other times, such as this, it's ridiculous.

Does anyone really care what antivirus Nancy Pelosi thinks you should use?

scottjw

Mar 30, 2017
So it looks like BestBuy Canada has been a good dog and followed their American masters down this rabbit hole. They cancelled my order from 2 weeks ago.

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
if i was a government i would never use kaspersky but i am a person and they are not gonna attack me personally thats for sure... the only option i see is if they spy on every user including me but thats probably not the case so i will use kaspersky because it is comfortable for me and i will also use other russian services like mail.ru etc...

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I think Kaspersky security products are not dangerous to my safety, because I have none of Kaspersky products.
The AVs from other companies are not dangerous for my safety either, because I have no AVs...
It's okay, what the hell..

I trust none of those, so I don't like Microsoft too much, but a little more than the others anyway.

These are the businesses thats all.

I'd rather watch the scripts, not you?

- so I don't voted.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I think Kaspersky is benefiting from all of this in some way. Sales will probably go up... Half the IT guys I know are like.. "So, the US Govt hates Kaspersky? Probably for flagging their toys and exposing Equation? Must be some good smoke, I'm buying that product.".

I know what I am giving out this year.. Licenses to Kaspersky for friends and family.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I think Kaspersky is benefiting from all of this in some way. Sales will probably go up... Half the IT guys I know are like.. "So, the US Govt hates Kaspersky? Probably for flagging their toys and exposing Equation? Must be some good smoke, I'm buying that product.".

I know what I am giving out this year.. Licenses to Kaspersky for friends and family.
Dude, I don't think I've brought any benefit to K. What a country as important as the United States says weighs heavily on the whole world.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I use Kaspersky because it does consistently well in independent AV tests.

But I suppose if there was some sort of Internet Armageddon , there is always the possibility that Kaspersky might be engineered to allow Russian Malware onto my home network. Yet perhaps this is just what I am being manipulated into believing !

These days you just don't know who to believe or trust. The governments of this world seem to influence the media so much.

If I was forced to pick sides, I suppose I would prefer the USA stealing my information than Russia !

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.