ErzCrz

Level 7
Verified
There's a few pages of these lists on FilterLists | Subscriptions for uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, AdGuard, ... which you could try. Alternatively, I suppose the other option is to block faceboo/insta/google etc under dynamic rules and then just noop for the site itself (as described in The Hated One 2018 Privacy video UBO settings starting around 7 minutes in the video ). I do it generically for facebook, twitter, insta myself. Just prevents tracking from those. I'll post my dynamic rules later.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 35
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
I was updated to Chromium 84 today and I immediately noticed a performance issue with the "Filter lists" pane in uBO's dashboard (pic). See https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues/issues/1196… I don't know the root cause of the issue, but a workaround fix has been issued, available in latest dev build.
Expect an updated version soon:
I think I will publish an emergency release if the issue is confirmed fixed.

Edit: Well, looking at the current dev build, it's probably time to prepare for a full release, last one was over a month ago.

ErzCrz

Level 7
Verified

I have been noticing a lag in opening the My Filter Lists page lately in Chromium Edge 84.0.522.52 (UBO 1.28.4) Lets hope a fix is released soon.

oldschool

Level 55
Verified
I have been noticing a lag in opening the My Filter Lists page lately in Chromium Edge 84.0.522.52 (UBO 1.28.4) Lets hope a fix is released soon.
Edge hangs for several seconds here before closing, so they clearly have some bugs to address. I guess this is part of M$'s rolling bug-updates? :D
I do it generically for facebook, twitter, insta myself. Just prevents tracking from those.
That's the best way to approach it if one uses medium mode, to lessen reliance on filter lists - especially when falling back temporarily to Easy+ mode.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 29
Verified
Malware Tester
I've been noticing this for the last few days but thought maybe it's a sign of my laptop getting old 😄
Good to know it's being fixed in the dev version already.