Advice Request Virus Protection recommendation

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

taga

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 10, 2016
Hello guys,

Hope everyone keeping very safe and well due to pandemic

I was wondering if I could get some expert advice?

For my PC protection, I am running

AVG Free edition,
Malwarebytes free version,
U-block Origin add blocker,
Wisecare Pro,
CCleaner.

Does my pc have good protection againt's hackers and other bad stuff from the internet?

I found Malware bytes to be very effective, is there a better and more powerful software better than
Malwarebytes?

Is it also safe and ok to use U-block Origin add blocker and Malwarebytes Browser Guard at the
same time?

Kind regards
Taga

Nagisa

Level 7
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
If you have good security practices and nobody else is using your computer, uBlock is the only one needed here.

Reactions: taga

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Your protection is AVG Free and you're running uBlock Origin in your browser.

Malwarebytes Free version is for cleaning up an already infected computer or to be used as a second option scanner.
There is no real time protection with Malwarebytes Free:

AVG Free and uBlock Origin offer decent protection, but for example backups and good security practices are also important.

To get more help you can post your Security Configuration here:
More info on that:

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
My recommendation is uninstall AVG free and install a more aggressive AV and with better detection rates, like Kaspersky free (security cloud). It's a more effective tool.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hello :)

For me an antivirus is chosen according to its use.
If you ever go on the Internet in a basic way (mail, social networks, YouTube etc), keep the antivirus of Windows 10, Microsoft Defender which is enough.

If you ever download files from obscure sites, take a more solid protection like Kaspersky.

If you have children, it's better to use a family antivirus like Norton or F-Secure.

With these antiviruses, keep your software up to date (Windows, Browser, Flash, Java etc.), do not click anywhere including on emails you do not know.
Always download your software from the publisher's website and read it carefully during installation, as some programs install additional software.

An anti-advertising program like uBlock

A secure DNS like NextDNS

And you're all set :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.