VoodooShield discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
I just reimaged my system, Installed 409 of last build and registered. The shield is at top left with my phone showing USB on shield.

Reactions: lowdetection

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
boredog,
if you use the free version I bet the shield is down right, could you test if it's true?

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey guys... sorry I have been away. I have been tied up with business stuff, and it looks like I am going to be tied up for at least a few days, if not a week or two. I will try to fix these last few bugs in my "free time" and I hope to get 4.10 to you guys asap. Sorry for the delay!

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Hey guys... sorry I have been away. I have been tied up with business stuff, and it looks like I am going to be tied up for at least a few days, if not a week or two. I will try to fix these last few bugs in my "free time" and I hope to get 4.10 to you guys asap. Sorry for the delay!

You're the man Dan! Keep up the great work on your software.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
@paulderdash

Capture.PNG
Could this be the culprit? I turned it off, redundant with CCleaner.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
What choice we have but keep investigating. No issue the past three days, but I completely nuked any VS trace from my computer yesterday. Made a clean install, token.json registered in temp folder at 6.30 pm.
CCleaner set to delete temp files every 24 hours by default. In a couple of hours I'll check.
If it does delete the token I'll try disabling the delete temp files, not sure CCleaner will let me change the default time.
Deselecting the option below will delete temp files as soon as you hit run CCleaner, or whenever it is scheduled to run.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Done, but as @roger_m says above, probably not the culprit as the 7 day delay probably applies here too.
By the way the re-registration issue behave, randomly appearing out of the blue for me, it could be the Windows fall upgrade, though I don't remember if I had the issue before...
In any case, I'm afraid it is something for Dan to work out. Users should not have to tweaks apps to suite one or another app. They should not conflict.

Edit:
10 minutes to D Day...

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
OK then:
24 hours has past since re-registration created token.json in appdata\temp files.
Did run CCleaner manually and after computer restart as per my settings.
Token.json file removed but VS started without asking for registration. Restarted computer twice just to be sure, no token.json file in appdata\temp but VS started without asking for registration.
I'm not holding my breath though, the ghost is in the machine:alien::LOL:

Edit:
Turned the computer off the time to make a :coffee:. Re-registration requested at restart.
I'll disable CCleaner auto run at computer start up, wont run it manually for at least 48 hours.
Let's see what happens.

Last edited:

madirish

Level 1
Sep 13, 2017
OK then:
24 hours has past since re-registration created token.json in appdata\temp files.
Did run CCleaner manually and after computer restart as per my settings.
Token.json file removed but VS started without asking for registration. Restarted computer twice just to be sure, no token.json file in appdata\temp but VS started without asking for registration.
I'm not holding my breath though, the ghost is in the machine:alien::LOL:

Edit:
Turned the computer off the time to make a :coffee:. Re-registration requested at restart.
I'll disable CCleaner auto run at computer start up, wont run it manually for at least 48 hours.
Let's see what happens.
You have to enter the jason file under Exclude in CC.This way CC can delete contents in .temp folder but won't delete the jason file.

Attachments

• Clipboard09.jpg
    Clipboard09.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 387

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
You have to enter the jason file under Exclude in CC.This way CC can delete contents in .temp folder but won't delete the jason file.
You missed @paulderdash post.

No re-registration or shield issues since excluding token from \AppData\Local\Temp in CCleaner.
Spoke too soon.

Still getting these issues in spite of CCleaner whitelisting of token.

dg17

Level 1
Aug 20, 2017
I have been following this re-registering problem. I have been using 4.08 and not had the problem. I wondered about the importance of the token file in the temp folder. I am running Win 8.1 and set my temp folder to another partition not that I think that has any relevance. The token file was in that partition. To save faffing around I took the nuclear option and deleted all the temp files via an external program. On reboot VS was fine. The token file was not re-created. The one in "C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield" still exists dated 3 weeks ago when I updated VS.

I hope this might give some clues as to what is going on.

dg17

Level 1
Aug 20, 2017
dg17

From VodooShield Alert:

Details--> VodooAi:Unsafe Algorithm 1,2,3 score that is different from version 3, to 4, I remember old post Dan changed the space from 0-1 to 0-100 or so on.
More Details-->SHA256, DEP, ASLR, Version Info, Hidden file, Hidden extension, Version info count, Digital signature valid, Digital signature verified, and so on...

You may find useful also the use of pestudio for more informations.

Thanks for your reply.

I understand what you are saying but it is not what I was trying to get at. Don't take this the wrong way, it is good to have all this information but it is all geeky stuff and most likely meaningless to the average use who I assume that Dan is still aiming the program at. If you can just give a simple link to the properties of the file the user is more able to relate to a program he has used/installed and is better able to make a judgement, or maybe even to direct their AV to scan it. That is all I am trying to get across.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Does anyone have a clear understanding of Autopilot mode?
I will describe what it does by way of comparison, please correct me if I am wrong:
It is basically like smart mode, but in cases where smart mode would show a prompt with a safe rating, Autopilot just okays it for you without even asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.