VoodooShield discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
Let's try not to derail this thread too much into a 'which website is better' argument. Everyone can decide for themselves which websites to like

Gotcha ;)
I was never really banned from wilders but at one point and still not sure if it was them but I could not browse pages anymore. Everything was super slow. Was pretty disappointed since I was one of the original 1000 members. and so I had to change my username to come back. I was there way before all the global mods. But LWM gave me grace and let me come back. Since then I been a nice boy and will be that here too.

Last edited:

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
@danb
So, now that you are no longer on Wilders, do you have some plans to make an other VoodooShield discussion?
- You could setup your own forum
- You could continue discussing in this one at MalwareTips
- You could take CalendarOFUpdates back
What are you planning?

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
@danb
So, now that you are no longer on Wilders, do you have some plans to make an other VoodooShield discussion?
- You could setup your own forum
- You could continue discussing in this one at MalwareTips
- You could take CalendarOFUpdates back
What are you planning?
I think that the best option should be setting up the mailing list to keep users informed about updates, news etc. and simply stop contributing in communities that cannot appreciate devs spending their precious time trying to help users ad hoc instead of using classic web forms and support tickets.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
I think that the best option should be setting up the mailing list to keep users informed about updates, news etc. and simply stop contributing in communities that cannot appreciate devs spending their precious time trying to help users ad hoc instead of using classic web forms and support tickets.
Maybe with his own forum he would have more control

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am assuming that Dan will reincarnate on Wilders sooner or later

Reactions: Alexhousek
D

Deleted member 178

Dan, as a dev, should create his own forum but most of all he must focuses on VS and his customers instead of reacting on every comments on the net towards VS from people using other products.

Last edited by a moderator:

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Here's the thing... I will still be posting on forums, but not nearly as much as I did in the past, for a lot of reasons.

First, VS 4.0 has a fully automated error reporting system, and it is already up and running. Users no longer need to report errors or send log files... I will see the errors in real time and can fix them very quickly and efficiently, without going back and forth on posts. I am hoping there will not be that many errors in VS 4.0 since I am spending massive amounts of time making sure everything is just right. Although, since a lot of the code was completely rewritten from the ground up, there is bound to be a few errors. But anyway, posts that were related to users reporting errors are no longer necessary, so that will reduce the number of posts significantly. Really, the only other posts would be related to user suggestions on improvements and new features.

Second, I think a lot of times, it is quite easy for people to misunderstand each other when using text alone to communicate. I know a lot of times I will post something, and read it again a few weeks later, and realize that what I posted could easily be misunderstood. So I think when VS 4.0 is ready, after I take a short break (believe me, I need a break, VS 4.0 was very long and difficult), I will probably fire up our youtube channel and create video responses... something like that. It will be much easier and more efficient to explain certain things. I think it would also be really cool to hold live youtube sessions while coding VS, where you guys can see the code and I can explain things in detail, and we can kind of work on the code together. I am not sure our attorneys will let me do that or not, but I will ask them. I have some other ideas, e.g. live malware testing sessions, and we will talk about them soon.

Don't get me wrong... I am still going to be posting in forums, but the thing is, I would prefer to be able to post somewhere that is more casual (I love to joke around), and also not have to deal with my posts (and supporting posts from users) being deleted... especially when the post proves my point and has the potential to put an end to a disagreement... and especially after spending so much time writing the posts.

I really love interacting with VS's users... you guys have been great, and I appreciate everything you guys have done for VS and myself. But I have never appreciated the drama that is created by a handful of VS haters. Our time here is limited, and I am not going to spend my time arguing with haters on security forums. The various poll results speak for themselves, which is evidence that the majority of people know the truth.

Thanks again guys... I still have a lot more to finish up on VS 4.0, but I am getting close. Sorry it is taking so long, talk to you soon!

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Our time here is limited, and I am not going to spend my time arguing with haters on security forums.
giphy.gif

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
Thanks for the update Dan. Bashing always takes place when a product or someone is exceedingly good eg. Wayne Gretzky in hockey, Tom Brady, and even Microsoft. Everyone bashes Microsoft, but it's the most used operating system in the world, so you keep up the good fight Dan. In my books VoodooShield is number 1 and I'm sure in many other peoples books to. Thanks again Dan for the great work you do.

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Thank you guys! Getting close... I decided to redo a lot of the script handling as well. When we started, fileless malware was not so pervasive, but now I can optimize the script handling... it is going to be cool. I wish I could tell you when it is going to be ready, but it is too difficult to guess... but I imagine sometime this weekend. If I do not get a chance to reply to an email or pm, please understand, thank you!

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
First, VS 4.0 has a fully automated error reporting system, and it is already up and running. Users no longer need to report errors or send log files... I will see the errors in real time and can fix them very quickly and efficiently, without going back and forth on posts.

I'm sorry, but how is this not intrusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.