VoodooShield discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I have fixed a lot of the bugs that have been reported and that are in the error reporting system... just a few more to go then I will release the next version. Probably sometime in the next day or so.

If VS 4.0 is not running properly, please uninstall all versions of VS, then reboot the computer and reinstall.

Also, VS 4.0 should be much, much faster than 3.59... if it is not, you might disable the scanning of child processes and see if that fixes the issue for now.

Dan

Whatever you did seems to have fixed my VPN and Windows Settings slowdown issues.
And yes now VS is much faster.
I have to note that I keep all default settings. That maybe one reason why things works seamlessly for me and not for more experienced user that love "the tweaks". But they are the main source of your feed back and I'm glad to notice how much you appreciate theirs input.

Solarquest

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
Thank you guys for letting me know that the registration is working now (for the most part). I will catch up on the other posts I missed asap... I am totally worn out and need to take a break.
Thank you for v. 4 and for all the hard work!
Take a more than well deserved break, you surely deserve and need one!

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I would like to know how to white list a folder with some portable apps with VS Rules options?

View attachment 166106
You don't even need VS rules, because you already have custom folders, if you are on the paid version. But I am sure you already knew that. Are you trying to do something specific that only rules can do? Just curious.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Just noticed that VS 4.0 CPU usage is quite high compared to previous versions.
Capture.PNG

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
<<Courtesy of @mekelek at Wilders : I would suggest deleting the appdata/voodooshield folder that has the settings and reinstall VS. it can help a lot.>>

Sitting home nursing a nasty cold and having nothing better to do I took up his suggestion, got rid of anything about VS again, as mentioned on my previous post #418. Rebooted, reinstalled VS and?

I must somehow missed something when uninstalling with Revo.
What can I say but thanks Mekelek(y)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
<<Courtesy of @mekelek at Wilders : I would suggest deleting the appdata/voodooshield folder that has the settings and reinstall VS. it can help a lot.>>

Sitting home nursing a nasty cold and having nothing better to do I took up his suggestion, got rid of anything about VS again, as mentioned on my previous post #418. Rebooted, reinstalled VS and?

I must somehow missed something when uninstalling with Revo.
What can I say but thanks Mekelek(y)
Very good to see you got VS sorted out and running smoothly. :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Can't open link in Google Chrome from Outlook 2016.
I assume you tried training mode for this? It didn't work?
Did you check in the command line list, to see if there was a blocked one? If there is, you can easily unblock it.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I assume you tried training mode for this? It didn't work?
Did you check in the command line list, to see if there was a blocked one? If there is, you can easily unblock it.
Didn't try training mode, because it worked out of the box with 3.59 and so I forgot about training mode...
There was no command line blocked in the command list. I got a popup requesting for a rule.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Didn't try training mode, because it worked out of the box with 3.59 and so I forgot about training mode...
There was no command line blocked in the command list. I got a popup requesting for a rule.
But about making rules, I saw someone say that if it looks complicated, just ignore the options and keep clicking "okay" or "next" and it will do the right thing.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
But about making rules, I saw someone say that if it looks complicated, just ignore the options and keep clicking "okay" or "next" and it will do the right thing.
That was mekelek at Wilders, but that didn't work for me. I could create rules that way but they didn't work the next time I openend Outlook and clicked a link. Got the same popup. I'll wait till the next version and hopefully remember traing mode ;)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
That was mekelek at Wilders, but that didn't work for me. I could create rules that way but they didn't work the next time I openend Outlook and clicked a link. Got the same popup. I'll wait till the next version and hopefully remember traing mode ;)
That's a real bug.
If you didn't do so already, Dan should be informed that you made a rule, but it didn't stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.