Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I think Dan is a great guy with a great product on his hands. I remember when he first joined MT and that was a long time ago, yet he's always been hands on when it comes to dealing with customer questions etc. We could do with a lot more people like Dan in the world of all things tech.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Problems with v4.20

Firstly, VoodooShield website showing only v4.17 and NO v4.20

After installation, it did a snapshot. After which the VS icon on the desktop is not on top of every web page. It's hidden right below. Right click on the desktop icon has no effect i.e it doesn't open a menu

Now I uninstalled it

MITKH

Level 3
Verified
Nov 4, 2014
Problems with v4.20

Firstly, VoodooShield website showing only v4.17 and NO v4.20

After installation, it did a snapshot. After which the VS icon on the desktop is not on top of every web page. It's hidden right below. Right click on the desktop icon has no effect i.e it doesn't open a menu

Now I uninstalled it
I have a problem with you like this.
Do not find a solution for friends?

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
2018-03-08_8-50-35.png

If you're receiving this error message from VS here is the fix.
Version 4.20b; https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield420b.exe

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
I stopped using VS and switched to OSArmor. What is your guys thoughts about VS vs OSArmor?
I dropped VS for ERP v3.1 which was quite nice. Now running v4 beta and miss the installer and command line features. Also have OSA on board.

VS was far too chatty for me and often allowed exe's kept coming back as pop-ups, never finding a home in the whitelist. Portable apps were another frustration.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
I have also dropped VS for OSA, VS was a bit too chatty for me as well, OSA is running quite as a mouse with EAM. Not that VS isn't a very good product just running OSA for now as I prefer "quiet" products. VS was throwing up numerous popups while updating some certain programs.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I dropped VS for ERP v3.1 which was quite nice. Now running v4 beta and miss the installer and command line features. Also have OSA on board.

VS was far too chatty for me and often allowed exe's kept coming back as pop-ups, never finding a home in the whitelist. Portable apps were another frustration.

I'd often whitelist in VS and presto, a couple days later it was nagging again. I feel like VS may be better protection, I love the interface, options, configuration and some areas where it excels IMO. Hopefully Dan can get v4 nailed out for those few issues remaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.