VoodooShield Latest

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Here's another post from Dan -

Hey guys… I am totally worn out so it is time for a break but I really will catch up on the posts and emails asap.
Here is the next version, I think we are getting very close, but please let me know if you find anything we need to change.

VS 5.98a beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield598abeta.exe
SHA-256: f0e6b828671116ecec4ad62452eb4e6cea726516283c780c40b48ccf4aa61e33

Thank you guys!

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
@SearchLight The main verdict shown will be from the whitelistcloud and the AI (atleast thats how I understood it). To see VT results you have to make an extra click each time.

I was "confused" when a software like Sabnzb 3/65 VT (100k++ user would be my guess) got a "suspious" rating while a launcher for a private server game (< 2k user) with 10/66 on VT got a clean.
Untitled.png

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I am using v5. 98a. I downloaded the latest Avast offline installer file to install. In WLC the file was being analyzed but there was no option to check to automatically whitelist it. It got to the point where Windows asked me to wait or cancel the program. I tried waiting for a few minutes but it hung on analysis, so I finally had to close VS via Windows message.

Should be a way to right click a file in Analysis to whitelist without waiting. A bug?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I am using v5. 98a. I downloaded the latest Avast offline installer file to install. In WLC the file was being analyzed but there was no option to check to automatically whitelist it. It got to the point where Windows asked me to wait or cancel the program. I tried waiting for a few minutes but it hung on analysis, so I finally had to close VS via Windows message.

Should be a way to right click a file in Analysis to whitelist without waiting. A bug?
Report the issue though the website if VS is hanging in "analyze". You may disable WLC for the time being if it's misbehaving. It's not an essential feature.

Just check "disable/install" VS to install Avast.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Hey guys, here is the latest VS 6.0, I think it is ready for public release. You will notice that the prompts (especially the VoodooAi and WLC results) will make a heck of a lot more sense now.

I also added a CommandLineCloud feature. One of the biggest issues with deny-by-default is handling command lines properly, and often there is not enough file insight to provide the user to give them the best recommendation. So what CommandLineCloud does is automatically add blocked command lines to our database, and I will review and either approve or deny them, that way the next time a user encounters a command line block, it will be handled automatically and properly. So in a couple of months, you should see and even further reduction of command line blocks. Over the years we have figured out how to reduce them pretty well, but this will reduce the blocks much further.

I really will catch up on everything I missed asap… I am finally at a good stopping point with the code but I have several other things that I need to real quick.

VS 5.98b beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield598bbeta.exe
SHA-256: 0810d8ee08d476e93d58e3d5b6fd3108f1a18fff4bf5b6a52dd2187f683fcec7

Thank you guys for all of your help, please let me know if you find anything!

With best Regards
Mops21

SearchLight

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Hi all

Hey guys, here is the latest VS 6.0, I think it is ready for public release. You will notice that the prompts (especially the VoodooAi and WLC results) will make a heck of a lot more sense now.

I also added a CommandLineCloud feature. One of the biggest issues with deny-by-default is handling command lines properly, and often there is not enough file insight to provide the user to give them the best recommendation. So what CommandLineCloud does is automatically add blocked command lines to our database, and I will review and either approve or deny them, that way the next time a user encounters a command line block, it will be handled automatically and properly. So in a couple of months, you should see and even further reduction of command line blocks. Over the years we have figured out how to reduce them pretty well, but this will reduce the blocks much further.

I really will catch up on everything I missed asap… I am finally at a good stopping point with the code but I have several other things that I need to real quick.

VS 5.98b beta

With best Regards
Mops21

Should I just wait until v6.0 is officially released or is this version 5.98b technically stable enough with most bugs worked out?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hi all

VS 5.98b beta

With best Regards
Mops21
Interested by the CommandLineCloud feature. Installed the latest version VS 5.98c beta (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
New version VS 5.98d beta released:
Hey guys, I am totally worn out but we can talk about command lines and other stuff asap. There are a couple of minor new features on the Basic tab in Settings. Maximum file upload size and now it is optional to automatically clean the temp folders.

VS 5.98d beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield598dbeta.exe
SHA-256: 4df41ac35fcea29adc69204f0a5cd7471f974e4a774da70312ea65048308e093

Thank you guys, talk to you soon!
Setting the maximum file upload is an excellent feature for slow or capped internet connections as mentioned here:
Hi, first post as a newish user of pro. Having a problem with the new whitelist feature in the beta.

I have a game exe that goes into “analyzing” and is stuck there and while so VS is constantly uploading to the internet. I assume it is uploading the file (500MB) but as I have only a slow upload bandwidth (1Mbit/s) is takes ages and also swamps the connection slowing everything else down. There is no option the classify the file as safe or cancel the analysis.

As an aside I tried creating a firewall rule but as soon as I tick the box VS then itself becomes unresponsive for a few minutes. Happens again when I try clearing it.

Does this make sense?
Response from @danb :
Yeah, thank you for mentioning this, I have been meaning to do something along these lines.

Now there is a “Maximum file upload size” on the VoodooShield Settings / Basic tab. Just set that to 25-100MB or whatever and it should all work great, if not please let me know.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Hey Baldrick,

I put the rules option back in the user prompt and made some other small tweaks to the rules. I have not tested it extensively, but it should be pretty close. But if you find anything odd with the rules please let me know.

About the cmd blocks… can you please email them to me and I will take a look to figure out what we need to do?

VS 6.01 beta
https://voodooshield.com/Download/InstallVoodooShield601beta.exe
SHA-256: 67fca33c0e94e4d2d07dac1219b35da9acc59cd3b70a9d3f9f121e166941c250

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.