Advice Request What extensions would you recommend?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Enzo

Thread author
Aug 24, 2015
Hi everyone,

First of all excuse me if the subject has already been discussed before.

My question is intended to know what extensions you would recommend, differentiating by categories (security, privacy, utilities, etc.)

In this regard, I have seen in the forum topics intended to discuss recommended extensions to block advertising, or as much respect security, but I think it would be good to create a thread with the extensions to consider according to their function.

All this derives because in Chrome and Firefox I have multiple extensions that are sure to be unnecessary, repetitive or worse than other options.

I thank you in advance for any suggestions you make and I reiterate that an "official" thread on recommended extensions would be fine.

Thanks again.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
With Brave:
AdGuard (default filters)
No, Thanks
I don't care about cookies
Trace (on trial)
Emsisoft

Brave does a great job on it's own & I don't seem to have any issues ever - I also run BlackFog & IVPN Anti-Tracker - I've never been a fan of lots of extensions & can't see that changing :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Never heard of BlackFog before. Just installed the trial to test it out for some days and so far it looks really interesting. Can you share some screenshots of your settings if you even changed them from default? :)

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
What browser protection add-on is the best, according to you?
I have been using 360 internet protection but it slows browsing down considerably for me so now i am trying Avasts online security.

But, which is best do you think, and why?

Reactions: [correlate]

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
I have been using 360 internet protection but it slows browsing down considerably for me so now i am trying Avasts online security.

I use adguard and have used bitdefender traffic light too but am using Kaspersky security cloud free and it has built in page check like traffic light does with no extension needed.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Forget security vendor extensions.

Free and Open-Source Content Blocker — uBlock Origin for desktop browsers.
OR
Free Ad Blocker — Adguard extension for desktop browsers.

Browsers come with built in malware and phishing protection called Google SafeBrowsing, except Microsoft Edge which uses Microsoft Defender SmartScreen.

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I'm trying LanguageTool Chrome extension. A free grammar and spell checker. Runs in 25 languages. When you write something, if you made a mistake, it underlines the word. You just have to click on the word to find what is wrong and correct yourself. My posts on MT will be better... I hope....

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm trying LanguageTool Chrome extension. A free grammar and spell checker. Runs in 25 languages. When you write something, if you made a mistake, it underlines the word. You just have to click on the word to find what is wrong and correct yourself. My posts on MT will be better... I hope....

Great find. Added the LanguageTool for Chrome and Firefox to my browsers

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.